Mod question.

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Itami

Mod question.

Postby Itami » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I've seen similar mods between PS2 and PC, though the ones on PS2 are from using Gameshark, Codebreaker, AR Max, etc.

I was wondering, can't you convert those codes from Gameshark to use with like, hex editors or something?

Gameshark does use hex, right? So it'd make sense.

Anyway, the code I wanted was:

Cas Overlap: Aka: Mixed Cas
*Load a male skater, then add new clothes
202FD6F8 03E00008
202FD6FC 00000000

Basically, it let's you put on another set of clothes by glitching the game into thinking that it's a female skater, rather
than a male.

Does anyone already know how to do it? Or know how to find out?
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: Mod question.

Postby Eraser » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Well, I've tried to access these addresses using cheat engine but they did not exist.
Itami

Postby Itami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 am

Thank you both for replying.

A little after I posted the thread, I thought about converting GS codes into raw hex.

I must have forgotten that GS is already in raw hex, for when I'd look up cheats for other
games it would say RAW NTSC.

Plus, when I tried converting it to raw hex, it stayed the same.

And thank you for revealing that much.

Eraser, I will try to find a way myself to utilize these codes in some program.

Hm, the problem must actually be that one is PS2 and the other is PC, meaning that the addresses
must be different. Values are most likely the same, but the addresses are most likely different.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Itami wrote:Hm, the problem must actually be that one is PS2 and the other is PC, meaning that the addresses
must be different. Values are most likely the same, but the addresses are most likely different.

Yes, in many games even if you have different version of game (Like Resident Evil 3 EU and US versions look almost identical, but the addresses are different for cheats.
Itami

Postby Itami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Eraser wrote:
Itami wrote:Hm, the problem must actually be that one is PS2 and the other is PC, meaning that the addresses

Yes, in many games even if you have different version of game (Like Resident Evil 3 EU and US versions look almost identical, but the addresses are different for cheats.

Well that's because EU is PAL and US is NTSC, and you can just use a PAL/NTSC converter. <<

I'm afraid there isn't a PC/PS2 gameshark cheat converter though (from what I know of), which makes the process of getting
what I want a lot more difficult.

As I previously said, on the other hand, I'm 80% positive that the values are the same. For example, hexing colors in names and
what not on PS2 would use the same colors for the same values. (c2-red, c7-purple, etc.)
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Itami wrote:Well that's because EU is PAL and US is NTSC, and you can just use a PAL/NTSC converter. <<

I was talking about PC versions.

Also, yes the values will be same as that's how it should be, though addresses will most likely be different.
Itami

Postby Itami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Eraser wrote:
Itami wrote:Well that's because EU is PAL and US is NTSC, and you can just use a PAL/NTSC converter. <<

I was talking about PC versions.

Also, yes the values will be same as that's how it should be, though addresses will most likely be different.

Well same difference mr. smarty pants ;p
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:10 pm

As far as i know PC games are all the same "region"

There's no such thing as PAL or NTSC on PC.
Itami

Postby Itami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm not saying the addresses are the same, but the values for the colors are.

Typing \c4 on PC will give you green.

When using a gameshark to hex THAW on PS2, you would put in the address,
which could be 20895220 for example.

Then, you would follow by filling in the value. If you want a green "s" for example,
you convert \c4 into hex, giving you 5C6334. Now, for the s, you would use
53. All together that makes 20895220 5C633453. When hexing on PS2, you have to reverse
the values, so your final product is 20895220 5334635C.
Itami

Postby Itami » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 am

Well, I was only tryin to prove my point <_<

I know that stuff because I played THAW on PS2 like 7 months ago before I started
playing it on PC.

Of course, it's a lot easier and preferable to use \c4 rather than having to use gameshark
in order to have colored text. You can't even color your typing text, you can only color
names and what not. And it takes like forever just putting the codes in, then, you have to
load THAW without your memory card and then load your cas. It would confuse the hell out
of me.

More explaining. My bad. It's a habit.
Itami

Postby Itami » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 am

I managed to use Queen Bee and make it so the model is female. -That is, if I don't load whenever I start THAW

I edited "skater_profiles" or something like that, and went to "Custom Skater" and found "Is Male," or something like that,
and changed the 1 to a 0.

But that's only on the default cas if you don't load, and you can't change the clothes that's already on the male.

Anyway, I'll use this as an advantage and show you guys what I'm trying to accomplish.

You see that there are two different hairs, that's what I want, basically. This code also allows you to put clothes over
the clothes you already have on, as I've already explained before.
Active

Postby Active » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm

muha i know somebody :o
Itami

Postby Itami » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Lawl, I never said I couldn't load cas_wpc in Queen Bee now did I? Of course, I never said I could either,
but that's not the point. The point is that you are basically putting words in my mouth.

And how exactly am I talking to you like your stupid? I'm updating you with what I know so that if someone
had the time to help, that person would know where I am at, and the picture is there to further clarify what I want.

It's not like I said "OOOO LOOK, SHOCKING DISCOVERY, I FOUND OUT HOW TO -blah, blah, blah."

Or if you are talking about me explaining how to hex on PS2, that wouldn't really make any sense either.
Why? Because I was explaining that the values for the colors are the same for both PC and PS2, something
that YOU said wasn't true.
Active

Postby Active » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:51 am

you will release it :o if not then give it only to me :loll:
btw i guess you get angry right? :D
Itami

Postby Itami » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Well, since it seems as if you and I are on the same page, I apologize about the whole argument.

And yeah, I pretty much realized that I'll never be able to do the conversion, it was a stupid and noobish question for
me to ask on my part.

Return to “THAW modding”