[THUG2][PC] How to fix the Blur Bug.

Tutorial forum for Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No requests, use other sections for that. TAG your titles [THAW][THUG2] etc.
cyberlink

Re: [THUG2][PC] How to fix the Blur Bug.

Postby cyberlink » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 am

Hi there, i see you have a nice community around here.

I tried your tutorial four times, and the last after reinstalled the game, thinking it was because of a mod installed.

after a few looking, i found a thread, where WhoElseButMe said

"You have to dummy the prx file in order to use individual scripts. So put your scripts folder back in the THUG2 directory with your modded scripts.
Then create a new text document and name it "qb_scripts.prx" (if you're not using the English exe to launch the game you'll need to dummy a different qb_scripts) "

And then i understood why some french users were missing the point.

I'm sure at 99% to have perfectly done what you said. and still there is the blur effect. i wondered a while, how the game could still get the script for blur effect !
and when i saw the sentence above, it made suddenly sense.

Maybe you could add what file is needed to dummy for each language of the game ? i'm still looking for mine, hoping you could answer.

really thanks to you for this tutorial it is a piece of gold among the web.

oh and one other thing. could it be possible to backup the files that were changed in the thug2 folder, keeping the tree folder, and then, just copy them into a fresh installation after formating as an example ?
cyberlink

Postby cyberlink » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 am

That was exactly this one i dummied qb_scripts.prf as well as i did with qb_scripts.prx .
Thanks a lot you really helped me out.

to thanks the community here is an archive to extract to the Thug2 game folder for those who are stuck or cannot apply the tutorial.
http://fbe.am/ctN

Many thanks to Antera and WhoElseButMe
Catar4x

Postby Catar4x » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Many thanks for the pack cyberlink! ;)
The Blur bug is fixed on Windows 8 very well :)

However, when I change "Game/Data/pre/qb_scripts.prf" and "Game/Data/pre/qb_scripts.prx": I lost the whole french language from my cd release.
I totally don't know how to fix it...
It's like the language is stored in theses files I think (or a parameter).

I can share the french .iso in private if necessary, thanks a lot!
Catar4x

Postby Catar4x » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks for the reply WhoElseButMe :)

.prd = German (I think)

I understand more the problem, so I must extract the content of the .prf and put the whole functions in skutils.qb and fix the blur bug by the way?
But how extract the content of the .prf?

Thanks again for the help!

Edit: In Game\Data\scripts, there are:

localtext.qb
localtext_french.qb
localtext_german.qb
+italian & spanish

I tried to rename french to localtext.qb, but it didn't worked.
Catar4x

Postby Catar4x » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Many thanks, problem solved!

On the first page, the images of How to play online with no mods are deleted. Can you upload a screenshot of how the hexadecimal values should be?
The online play with a mod works, but I would like to do it on the original french version. Thanks again!

Edit: Found a fixed online .exe
gust25

Postby gust25 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 pm

The game is working fine, but I couldn't fix the blur problem. When I type on CMD nothing happens, and I'm sure I wrote the correct command (D:\>game\data\scripts\game\qb_old.exe -d skutils.qb > skutils.txt (THERE IS NO ACTIVISION NEITHER THUG2 FOLDER)). But there's no skutils.txt, nothing happens.
gamelol2

Postby gamelol2 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:22 pm

I can't run roq cmd. it keeps giving me an error that says "Component 'richtx32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" what do i do!?!? :/ :help
Demo

Postby Demo » Fri May 16, 2014 9:45 pm

gamelol2 wrote:I can't run roq cmd. it keeps giving me an error that says "Component 'richtx32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" what do i do!?!? :/ :help

http://bit.ly/1qJ55MT
snowen

Postby snowen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Whenever i try to use roq cmd 3 and i type qb_old.exe into the exe tab nothing shows up on the left. everything is in the same folder. i'm using windows 7.
Scull

Postby Scull » Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I have tried your ''tutorial''. The tutorial is not easy to follow, especially when you try to explain the dummy files. Also, it seems like there are missing a few steps: it goes from 4 to 7?
Every time I try to startup THUG2, it says that the program stopped working.
I made dummy files for the .prx file and the .prd file. Is it also needed for the pics rules file?? (you did not explain that very well).
Also, why are some of the steps in quotes? Very distracting.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm

You would only dummy the file you need.
If you're running the english version of the game then the .prx, dutch .prd, french .prf.

The tutorial was modified by someone else because it was heavy with images and even harder to follow and as you can see the images that remain no longer exist. The step numbers aren't important if you follow what it says to do. Decompile the script and edit it and compile it again.

There are better options for this so you don't need to modify scripts or dummy files.
http://thmods.com/mods/THUG2%20Mods/THUG2%20No-CD.zip
The link above will patch an exe and has several options one being blur bug fix and another being OpenSpy support.
My latest installation of THUG2 has the blur bug patched in the exe so you shouldn't need to do this anymore but then again people are still using those file dumps from flippy.

This tutorial is a bit dated.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:02 pm

HEY THERE
thanks alot mate now https://athletesphysiques.com/anavar-review-results/ i can finally use mods this is going to be fun :P :P :P

Return to “Tutorials”