[ALL-PLATFORMS/GAMES] How to ask for help.

Tutorial forum for Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No requests, use other sections for that. TAG your titles [THAW][THUG2] etc.
Anteara

[ALL-PLATFORMS/GAMES] How to ask for help.

Postby Anteara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Please don't use Tutorials subsection to ask for tutorials/help, instead use other subsections that can be found in here.

First of all, before creating your thread - search!

Anteara wrote:Step 1) Navigate to the top of the page.
Step 2) Press search.
Step 3) Enter your search data.
Step 4) Press Search.
Step 5) Select the most relevant search result.
Step 6) Read over said search result for the information you need.
Step 7) Apply that information in your mod.

If you don't search, and what you ask is already in the forums, we probably won't help you!

Secondly,

Anteara wrote:If you want to be helped on these forums, you can't do what everyone else does. You need to try first, show us what you've tried, and then tell us what you want, and why you think it doesn't work. The last part helps us get a better understanding of your knowledge - it simply allows us to help more efficiently. If we give you assumed knowledge, you may not know how to do what we've told you, so you should do what I've said above. If you don't know where to start, then you may make a topic.

http://thps-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=545

Refer to this topic if you're unsure how to structure your posts, it is the first thing i've posted in these forums - it has a simple menu in the first post, then Morten and WhoElseButMe helped me create the additional functions I wanted. Even though I didn't really know how to mod back then, look at how I constructed my posts, I showed the code that I wanted changing, and I showed them what I needed to do and why I didn't know I was having problems. It was this, I assume, that made the experienced modders in this forum feel like they were able to continue posting and to help me.

Put plain and simple, if you're not willing to do the things above, we will not be willing to teach you how to mod. Look at tons of the other threads in the THAW forum, and you can see how annoyed we get when people simply ask for hand outs of code.

WhoElseButMe wrote:In this post (above) you'll read general guidelines that the skilled modders use when help is requested. Show no signs of real effort you'll get the same in return.
If you have more specific questions try and ask them to the best of YOUR OWN ability, we'll try and make sense of it all later.

Oh and a word to the wise, don't get mad when someone doesn't respond to your question fast enough for your wants/needs. We have lives too and don't spend our entire existence online. So please don't post another topic asking the same question again OR post in every related topic asking the same question OR double post your topic with frustration, you will be told off and possibly ignored afterwards. Just saying.

We are not against double posting for a cause. Last post in a topic that are edited will not bump topics so a double post is actually advised or if you're the OP just bump the topic after the edit.
Last edited by Anteara on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anteara

Re: [ALL-PLATFORMS/GAMES] How to ask for help.

Postby Anteara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm

yeah, i know, I just quoted your quote because it contained some insightful info
edit: i added "above" to the quote just to clarify.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 am

Feel free to edit them, I actually thought everyone used the black theme, so i used a colour that went well on top of black! >_< I actually wrote the tutorials firstly on ng-thps.com which has a white background, so those ones don't have yellow, i'll just quickly edit them with a colour that should work on both backgrounds

Edit: I actually can't think of a suitable colour that would be easily readable for both white and black backgrounds :S
Zeroooio

Postby Zeroooio » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Heyyyyy! ~ I'm really new to hacking and all of that. One of my friends recommended Queen Bee 1.9. I was wondering if I could get some help with that. I'm trying to use it to have some fun on the game Animal Jam. If I could get some help on what I'm meant to be doing on there it would be extremely helpful!

Return to “Tutorials”