THAW Game Launcher

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
WhoElseButMe

THAW Game Launcher

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:29 am

Game: Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Mod Type: Game Launcher / Patcher
Created by: %.gone.
Supplied Files: THAW Launcher.exe
THAW Launcher 1.0.0.3 mirror
THAW Launcher 1.0.0.4 mirror
THAW Launcher 1.0.0.5 mirror
Standard 1.01 pak/pab mirror
The Mod 1.01 pak/pab mirror
If you're using the German or polish exe rename both the pak and the pab to remove the '_e' from their names.

BACKUP LINKS:
THAWLauncher_1.0.0.5.zip
(189.2 KiB) Downloaded 3295 times

seven_the_mod.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 2040 times

seven_standard.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 1822 times

Place THAW Launcher.exe inside THAW\Game directory
create a shortcut to it on the desktop if you want.

Tested on Windows XP Pro, Windows 7.
Allows the user extra options before loading the game.

Features:
    * Load any THAW.exe - simply type in a name of an exe located in the thaw/game/ directory currently works with Reloaded English or German version and both Aspyr 1.00 and 1.01 exes
    * Load any pak/pab pair by typing in the proper pak/pab prefix - example: THE Mod = tm, Graffiti MoD = gm, No Name mod = nn, default = qb
    * Online Server selector - select whether to use the default GameSpy server or CHC's server
    * Custom Screen Resolution - patches the 800 x 600 resolution value, sets the registry value accordingly if "use custom resolution" is selected, stores your current resolution value to be set back on restore.
    * NOP CAS/CAP checksums - allows the use of manually edited parks and skaters (not available for Aspyr exes)
    * Allow unlimited text
    * Unlock Collectors Edition - since the levels aren't in the PC version this only unlocks 2 skaters and the concept art viewer that can be found inside Main Menu/Options
    * Windowed Mode - writes a value to the registry to allow THAW to be played in windowed mode, removes it on restore
Version 1.0.0.4
    * Removed support for Aspyr exes, still recognizes the exes just doesn't allow you to patch them.
    * Added support for the polish exe.
    * Checks exe compatibility as you type in the "Game .exe" edit box or you can use the new search feature.
    * The launcher can be run from any location, however, each time you run the app you'll need to search for the exe also the search location defaults to the launchers current directory so it's advised that you place the launcher in the game directory.
    * Added some original launcher features (see screen-shot)
    * Added keyboard binding - enter and kp enter can't be separated. In order to set "kp enter" to a control you'll need to press the "backspace" key. (backspace has a null value when using Aspyr's launcher)
    * Added custom control functions - you can set either the focus key or the camera key or both to do 1 of 3 functions
    1) default - performs the default action
    2) quick chat - can only be set to one control, allows you to call the on screen keyboard
    3) user defined - allows you to type a function name to be called on for example: create_pause_menu
    * Added process kill to the launcher - sometimes Alt + F4 doesn't act how you want it especially if the game crashes. The hotkey to kill THAW = Ctrl + x
Version 1.0.0.5
    * Patches for OpenSpy.net support. Doesn't revert the changes on restore. Can be overridden if openspy ever goes down.
    * Reads some values from the exe such as game prefix and resolution width and height. Doesn't revert these settings on restore.
    * Added Keyboard shortcuts; Alt+F4 is now process kill and will always work even while loading or during a crash and Alt+F5 will minimize the game.
    * The keyboard shortcuts will only work if the game is open and focused.
    * I was going to have the launcher patch the pak/pabs for you, but Ive been busy doing other stuff, forgive me.
    * Instead I supply paks with modifications. If you want the script and details on how to add these modifications to another pak/pab just ask.
      - Boned ollies on/off
      - Bertslides on/off
      - Quick chat in online server / camera toggle offline, has a value in the script to manually override. No need to patch the exe for quick chat.
      - Change camera angle added to game options menu
      - No intro movies, has a value in the script to manually override
      - Screen mode selection change between standard and wide screen added to game options menu
      - Toggle boneless trick, this changes your skaters boneless trick between: boneless, fastplant, beanplant, or MikeVPlant can be saved to your skater.
      - Added Mike V Boneless as a boneless trick, if you set your boneless trick to mikev boneless your boneless trick will only display properly when used with this mod.
      - You can see when others are riding a bike online with animations. Unfortunately I was unable to get the bike to display too so there isn't a bike model.

Stores all values via registry to make future uses faster.
This app will run in the background while you play the game, uses less than 1MB memory while minimized
when the app is closed the exe is restored to default.

THAW Launcher 1.0.0.3 mirror
THAW Launcher 1.0.0.4 mirror
THAW Launcher 1.0.0.5 mirror
Standard 1.01 pak/pab mirror
The Mod 1.01 pak/pab mirror
If you're using the German or polish exe rename both the pak and the pab to remove the '_e' from their names.

Thanks to KaMeR for uploading the polish exe, CHC for supplying his THPS Kill source which I used as a reference, Frost for the icon.
EDIT: updated application
EDIT: updated application again
EDIT: fixed links
Last edited by WhoElseButMe on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Active

Re: THAW Game Launcher

Postby Active » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:32 am

Tested by A.K. *
:D
works fine now bro ;)
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 am

Everything works very nice except when I select CHC's server and go to the west coast lobby I still see the same server names. Should it be like that?

I like that it's so easy to switch resolutions, even to widescreen.

Tested on Windows 7 Ultimate

Added it to the main site modding page.
kõvanikumees

Postby kõvanikumees » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:07 pm

gj, now can record widescreen videos :)
workind in win7 sp1
KaMeR

Postby KaMeR » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:26 am

Eraser wrote:Everything works very nice except when I select CHC's server and go to the west coast lobby I still see the same server names. Should it be like that?

I like that it's so easy to switch resolutions, even to widescreen.

Tested on Windows 7 Ultimate

Added it to the main site modding page.

it changes lobby channel not server list.
rainDOC

Postby rainDOC » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:12 pm

An error appeared when i click patch and play :

what i make false?
Edit: Nothing happend^^
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

rainDOC wrote:An error appeared when i click patch and play :

what i make false?
Edit: Nothing happend^^

What did error say?
cWalker

Postby cWalker » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:54 pm

ok now here comes pretty weird stuff on my pc.
if i use widescreen on fullscreen it is bugged and its like its showing 4:3 and the rest of the wide picture is over the dge of the screen.

means: i only see the left half of the 16:9 picture.
i play on 856 x 480
cWalker

Postby cWalker » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:38 am

anyways the adjust gamma replace works fine tho
c0nn0r

Postby c0nn0r » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:59 am

I put it in the thaw/game/directory but it won't let me click patch and play.
DID SOMEONE SAY CHEATING?!?!?!
sayhellorosco

Postby sayhellorosco » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:55 am

I know this is a late reply, but I have a big problem. I choose the .exe that I want to use, it says "Current - THAW English 1.01" When I press Patch and Play it changes to
"Current - THAW-THEMOD.exe executable was not found!"

I set the prefix to tm
icebears4ever

Postby icebears4ever » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:25 pm

I know the topic is damn old, but i still need help, when i started the game and press the lvl atlanta or marseille (collector editions lvls wich u can have in the launcher) the game crashes everytime! PLZ HELP ME!
Active

Postby Active » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 pm

The levels are not in the game. Only the spaces are in it.

Btw have a problem too... I can't close the launcher.. i have to kill the process to close it 0o
Active

Postby Active » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Launcher version 1.0.0.4 with English 1.01 with your mod...
If I open the Launcher and close it without starting the game it works... But after launching the game it doesn't work (Restore&Quit, Exit, [X], Alt+F4).
Active

Postby Active » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

That's everything

Return to “THAW modding”