controller

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
johnnyv78

controller

Postby johnnyv78 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:57 am

my controller doesnt work for thug pro
WhoElseButMe

Re: controller

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:35 am

What a wonderful bit of detailed information you've supplied so others can ACTUALLY HELP.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
johnnyv78

Postby johnnyv78 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:33 am

all of sudden you replied back it took you 2 weeks to get back to me smh so when i get on thug pro the launcher reads my xbox one controller but in the game it doesn't read it
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:09 pm

You just made this thread yesterday whatever you're going on about "2 weeks" to get back is beyond me.
If you mean you have another topic about the same thing, go there and expand your explanation of what the problem is.
Shake your head all you want, but until you learn to be descriptive instead of "it doesn't work" you'll continue to shake your head at others that can ACTUALLY HELP.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
johnnyv78

Postby johnnyv78 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:19 am

i did explain my problem yet no help so wtf and you're still a major douchebag

@ at you Way to keep threads alive with meaningless gibberish so glad you decided to sign up at thps-mods.com what would we've done without your great incite. p1us u hav3 n0 1dea wh4t m4k3s a g00d c0mmun1ty lawl
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:26 pm

my (controller brand/make/model) doesn't work please help!
Isn't descriptive AT ALL.
Operating system? What driver are you using? Does it work in the launcher? If so which controls if any DON'T work in the launcher?
If it doesn't work in the launcher, have you selected the proper device? Proper player number?
If working in the launcher but not in game then navigate to the registry hive for thugpro and confirm your device GUID is set for pad0.

As you can see "doesn't work" doesn't explain SHIT.

Continue acting arrogant and you'll find yourself seeking help from morons that will simply tell you to run the game as admin because they have zero skill set in problem solving. Remember you started with me after I told you to be more descriptive. Instead of responding with a more descriptive post you got mad and started falsely accusing me of avoiding you. Great job champ.
johnnyv78

Postby johnnyv78 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:28 am

so i got a xbox one controller right im using windows 10 it works on launcher it shows up for set up but when im in the game it doesnt respond in the game only the launcher do i need xpad or something to make it work in thug pro
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:50 am

Some windows 10 users seem to be having this issue with xbox one controllers only.
First run the launcher and make sure your controller is the selected device. Then select save and exit.
Search for run and select the first item. Then type regedit in the dialog that appears and select yes to admin rights.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\THUG Pro\Settings
Find key 'pad0' and make sure it isn't an empty string.

If pad0 isn't an empty string then you might need to change the driver being used by the Xbox one controller.
Try this and see if it corrects the issue

Note: DirectX sets the triggers as an axis. THUG2 is a DirectX game. Currently you'll need to run another application to split these triggers.
debrebeuf

Postby debrebeuf » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:14 am

Hooray for posting on old forums!

I am new to the community, but seem to have a problem concerning my controller. I use the Mayflash gamecube adapter for the use of a gamecube controller. The drivers are up-to-date, so all should be well!
Sadly, this is not the case.

I have a problem similar to the one listed above that they were bickering about. I have the same symptoms, except I am using the Mayflash USB adapter. I can set the controls in the Launcher just fine, but when I start the game, it will not respond to my inputs. I went into the Registry editor and saw 'pad0' with REG_SZ and some other garbage in the data slot (not empty).

I couldn't find another forum post with as similar of a problem as this post, thus why I am here :/ I did search, for a little bit (it's late)

Return to “General thps talk”