Modding THAW

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
BLAZING_INDICA

Modding THAW

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:55 am

I would like to create a mod for "THAW". However, I have never modified a game in my life! Is there any hope for me? I am quite aware of how forums work, if you don't take the effort to search, than you won't receive help. The issue is, I don't know what I want to search for. What are some of the beginner modifications that you-all recommend?
WhoElseButMe

Re: Modding THAW

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:25 am

For THAW, Queenbee can allow even a beginner to edit certain values with little to no effort at all.
If you want to add in functionality to the game you'll need some understanding of scripting using blubs tool paired with queenbee to add to the pak.
You'll need some ideas. Look at the tutorials section and see if you can follow along. show effort and effort will be provided with help, if you need it.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 am

I will try my best!
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:32 am

Okay, I was dicking around with "queen-bee", and came to the realization that I have no idea what I am doing. I suppose what I am saying is how do I use "queen-bee"?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 am

Load a pak/pab pair and a dbg pak then look around.
You need to be a little more specific with what you were trying to do.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:18 am

I am not quite sure to be honest. I suppose, I would like to mess around a bit with the scripts, and try to spawn items. However me being a complete "noob", I don't know how to go about doing that.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:20 am

Thank you, for your help thus far. :clap:
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:21 am

I think, I may have fucked up my "qb-scripts". I'll explain, every time I export scripts from Queen-bee, and try to decompile them I get an error. I think this my be caused by the fact that I opened a qb-script in "notepad", and now the extensions are fucked! I would really like to find out how to "reverse the effects", as I have been trying to follow some tutorials, and I can't decompile the scripts.
Kenny

Postby Kenny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:58 am

BLAZING_INDICA wrote:I think, I may have fucked up my "qb-scripts". I'll explain, every time I export scripts from Queen-bee, and try to decompile them I get an error. I think this my be caused by the fact that I opened a qb-script in "notepad", and now the extensions are fucked! I would really like to find out how to "reverse the effects", as I have been trying to follow some tutorials, and I can't decompile the scripts.

if you wanna decompile thaw script, you need decompile script in roq cmd and converts incorrect values to the correct
use this program:
https://github.com/kennythps/Converter/ ... master.zip
all correct values in dbg.pak.wpc (open in notepad)
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:05 am

That isn't my problem, I can't decompile the scripts because of an error. By the way, I am using roq.
Thanks for the help.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:24 am

Shit, I am sorry to anyone reading. I said that I get an error when I try to decompile a script, what I meant to say was I get an error when I try to compile a script. Also that roq won't recognize a script when I try to decompile it.

Here is the code that I tried to compile: %include "IndicaMenu.qb_table.qbi" #/ Table file
:i $hide_current_goal$
:i $make_label_menu$:s{
:i $title$ = %s(0,"Indica Menu")
:i $title_pos$ = %vec2(160.000000,40.000000)$pos$ = %vec2(130.000000,120.000000)$title_rotation$ = %i(10,0000000a)
:i $spacing$ = %i(2,00000002)
:i $pad_back_script$ = call $generic_menu_pad_back$ arguments
$pad_back_params$ = :s{$callback$ = $create_pause_menu$:s}
:i :s}
:i $pause_menu_gradient$
:i $white_poly_bg_effect$
:i $GoalManager_HideGoalPoints$
:i $GoalManager_HidePoints$
:i $unhide_root_window$
:i $array_name$ = $IndicaMenuArray$
:i $GetArraySize$%GLOBAL%$array_name$
:i $item_index$ = %i(0,00000000)
:i while

:i $text$ = ( (%GLOBAL%$array_name$:a{%GLOBAL%$item_index$:a}) ->$text$)
:i $rot$ = ( (%GLOBAL%$array_name$:a{%GLOBAL%$item_index$:a}) ->$rot$)
:i $pad_choose_script$ = ( (%GLOBAL%$array_name$:a{%GLOBAL%$item_index$:a}) ->$pad_choose_script$)

:i $add_label_menu_item$:s{
:i $text$ = %GLOBAL%$text$
:i $rot$ = %GLOBAL%$rot$
:i $length$ = %i(140,00000096)
:i $scale$ = %f(0.700000)
:i $text_offset$ = %vec2(0.000000,0.000000)
:i $label_offset$ = %vec2(-10.000000,0.000000)
:i $pad_choose_script$ = %GLOBAL%$pad_choose_script$
:i :s}

:i %GLOBAL%$item_index$ = (%GLOBAL%$item_index$ + %i(1,00000001))
:i loop_to %GLOBAL%$array_size$
:i $label_menu_finish$
:i endfunction

By the way, I got this code from a tutorial. I figured out that for me to accomplish my goal of spawning items, I need a spawn menu, but before that I need my own menu.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:55 am

You need to create a file named IndicaMenu.qb_table.qbi where indicamenu is the name of the script and it has to match this include. Perhaps you can post the error message it gives you.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:53 am

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Users\Desktop\New folder\roq.exe
File: d:\programme\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\vector
Line: 756

Expression: vector subscript out of range

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C + + documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

Also, the batch file says that it couldn't open the file.

By the way, I rename my text file to "indicamenu.qb_table.qbi, and it still gives an error!
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:22 pm

I dont know where you got that error message from because your script doesn't have 756 lines of code.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 am

I think I fixed it. The problem now is, that the only file that actually compiles is the blank .qb_table.qbi file. The actual script just gets a dump file.

Return to “THAW modding”