THPS4 music problem.

Anything related to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 modding goes here.
NASTY138

THPS4 music problem.

Postby NASTY138 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:11 am

Hey, first post here. Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I used the search function for this but couldn't find the specific problem I'm having.

I downloaded THPS4 for PC, and everything works great, except for the music. The only tracks that seem to play are Mass Appeal, Shimmy and Blackball. Maybe one or two more. This sucks because I'm in love with this game's soundtrack.

I'm assuming this is due to the version I downloaded being a rip (no videos), but every music SMO file for the game is named correctly and in the correct the folder. I'm a newbie to all of this, but I'm guessing this has something to do with the scripting? Either that or someone has converted all of the tracks to play just those 3 songs despite their file names, considering when I go to the in game options menu and preview a track, it plays one of the three I mentioned. For example, if I press preview on AC/DC's TNT, I hear Mass Appeal, and this goes for every single track in the game. It's infuriating.

I'm wondering if anyone here can share their working music folder with me. The videos would be appreciated, as well, but I'm not too worried about those, and I'd understand if anyone wouldn't want to upload them. However, I really don't want to go through the trouble of downloading another version of this game, uninstalling the one I currently have, installing the new one, converting the HEX files to widescreen again, etc., so any help you could throw my way would be appreciated.
Demo

Re: THPS4 music problem.

Postby Demo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm

the point of rip versions is to get smaller installer size by removing media content.
but that's pretty random rip, since you can just remove smo files and voila - music is ripped.
if you need full version, guess what? you have to download full version.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1085

you can simply save the files you've edited (i assume it's gamemenu.qb or skate4.exe), reinstall , then copy your edited files back.
NASTY138

Re: THPS4 music problem.

Postby NASTY138 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for the link. Before I started checking this forum out it wasn't too easy to find a full version of THPS4. I have nothing against rips, I just always prefer full versions. The one I downloaded didn't specify, so I only found out it was a rip once I actually started playing it.

And yeah, I realize what purpose game rips serve and all, but I was under the same impression; that this was a really strange one considering the SMO files are still there. Was just hoping someone would upload their music folder for me to replace mine with. It would just be way easier that way as opposed to reinstalling. I found out the problem is due to every SMO file being the same music track despite their file names. So that's all I really need; a correct music folder.

I'll probably end up reinstalling once I get done with some other games I'm playing at the moment, but in the meantime, if anyone feels like sharing their already working music folder, it would be really, really appreciated.

Cheers

Return to “THPS4 modding”