Add something to node array in level qb

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
quazz

Re: Add something to node array in level qb

Postby quazz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 am

Everything looks great dude, you covered literally every potential error..

I think it would be cool to recreate the "Ditch" command that was in THUG1, but the car is created at the skaters position to make it more realistic. Just a small idea I had.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 am

quazz wrote:Everything looks great dude, you covered literally every potential error..

I think it would be cool to recreate the "Ditch" command that was in THUG1, but the car is created at the skaters position to make it more realistic. Just a small idea I had.

What did the ditch command do?

Also, an idea I might try is that I know how to spawn a vehicle anywhere i want, I might try make it so i can actually "enter" the vehicle (no anim, of course) and drive away. >_<
quazz

Postby quazz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Ditch just quit driving mode and reset the skater back to the restart point near the drivable car.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

quazz wrote:Ditch just quit driving mode and reset the skater back to the restart point near the drivable car.

Ah, That's a good idea, I might try that later. Anyway, right now I'm making a model viewer in my vehicle menu, what it does is when I hover over the car in the menu, it will show the vehicles model to the left, and spin the model. It's working. But it's very buggy, for example, wheels don't show on the model, or if I've been in a vehicle the model doesn't show and only wheels show.

I'll post a screenshot.

Edit: I've fixed the model not showing when in a vehicle bug, now i just need to work out how to make the wheels show at all times.
quazz

Postby quazz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 pm

That's very nice, great work. :)
quazz

Postby quazz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 am

Anteara, we should combine both of our driving code posts into some tutorial, that would make for a very nice introductory tutorial for people getting into TH modding.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

quazz wrote:Anteara, we should combine both of our driving code posts into some tutorial, that would make for a very nice introductory tutorial for people getting into TH modding.

That's a good idea, when i've made mine completely bug free we can do it :D
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm

So, I've run in to a problem... a very annoying problem.. If I try to load more than 6 models in the model viewer, the game will crash, it crashes EVEN IF i have killed all the models. I guess what I could do is just only have 6 vehicles, but that would be my last option, I want to try and keep them all. :( I'm thinking the reason it's crashing is because the engine is shitting itself.

Return to “THUG2 modding”