Deck Scale mod

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
WhoElseButMe

Re: Deck Scale mod

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:34 pm

in create_cas_modifier_menu

Code: Select all

:i function $create_cas_modifier_menu$
   :i $kill_cas_pull_back_camera$ #/ this should already be there
   #/ add this
   :i if $GotParam$ $board$
      :i $MakeSkaterGoto$$CasAI$$params$ = :s{$no_init$$deck_bottom$:s}
      :i $skater$.$SwitchOnBoard$
   :i endif

in edit_skater_exit_sub_menu

:i function $edit_skater_exit_sub_menu$
   #/ add this
   $skater$.$SwitchOffBoard$
   $MakeSkaterGoto$$CasAI$$params$ = :s{$no_init$:s}

Also, try removing either affectXY or affectXYZ
So you'd be left with

$scaling_params$ = :s{
   $affectX$
   $affectY$
   $affectZ$
   $affectXY$
:s}

or

$scaling_params$ = :s{
   $affectX$
   $affectY$
   $affectZ$
   $affectXYZ$
:s}
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
shaun

Postby shaun » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:56 am

I cannot find the function $create_cas_modifier_menu$. I can only find a function call, ":i function call $create_cas_modifier_menu$ arguments ", in mainmenu_cas.qb. I've looked in cas_skater_sharded, casmenu, mainmenu, mainmenu_cas, mainmenu_net, mainmenu_options, mainmenu_scripts and scalingmenu. Where is it?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:32 am

shaun wrote:I cannot find the function $create_cas_modifier_menu$. I can only find a function call, ":i function call $create_cas_modifier_menu$ arguments ", in mainmenu_cas.qb. I've looked in cas_skater_sharded, casmenu, mainmenu, mainmenu_cas, mainmenu_net, mainmenu_options, mainmenu_scripts and scalingmenu. Where is it?

What, :i function call $create_cas_modifier_menu$ arguments ? call arguments has nothing to do with the script and is a blub syntax thing only.
It means that whatever is on the next line is actually all on one line in byte code.
The function name is what? create_cas_modifier_menu does that not match create_cas_modifier_menu?

call and arguments can literally be removed and nothing will happen.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
shaun

Postby shaun » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Oh, that's good to know. I thought they were two totally different things.

Anyway, I got the board to show up when entering the deck scale menu, but right now the game crashes whenever I exit any of the CaS submenus. If I remove $skater$.$SwitchOffBoard$ from :i function $edit_skater_exit_sub_menu$, it won't crash, but the deck won't be put away.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Thanks again for your help. Sorry I was so difficult. I'm terribly new to this scripting stuff.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:48 am

shaun wrote:Thanks again for your help. Sorry I was so difficult. I'm terribly new to this scripting stuff.

You're welcome. Showing initiative and putting forth effort trying will gain hands on experience and more people are willing to help under those circumstances. No need to apologize for anything.
shaun

Postby shaun » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 am

Thanks. :)

I guess I'll put the mod and source code up here for anyone who comes looking for it (like me): https://www.mediafire.com/?av7jvh62ct9llaz
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 pm

The reason affectXY and affectXYZ would crash when added to the same menu is because the code gives both of those items the same id
id = scalingmenu_xyz_slider
change affectXY's id and it'll work.

Return to “THUG2 modding”