adding pieces in CAP mode

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Sattan

adding pieces in CAP mode

Postby Sattan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:56 pm

does anybody have any documentation on how thats done? like the blocks in ThugPro for example. also has anybody added any fully custom pieces into CAP mode yet, beyond a simple block? not even on Thugpro/THUG2 necessarily , but any of the games in general.
WhoElseButMe

Re: adding pieces in CAP mode

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:50 am

If by blocks you mean what you see when you raise the ground. There is a flag whos checksum is 'hidden'
search for hidden and remove the flag.
if you're wanting to add object clusters of existing pieces look for a similar object cluster copy and change it.
Add its entry to the bottom of the main array that holds all items.
Adding in your own objects is bit tricky and more along the lines of adding items to a level.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Sattan

Postby Sattan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:53 am

what would the process even look like for adding items to a level? just out of curiousity.

also the main reason i am bringing this up is because i would like to see if 45 degree pieces are possible. i know there are slopes and stairs that can be run in 45 degree angles, but i really want to see if theres some way it can be done with quarter pipes and even the basic blocks. the way i imagined it would be, to export the piece, rotate it in a modelling program, and import it again in a new slot somehow(though i know its likely not this straightforward, im simplifying it a lot). opening up that axis more would bring so much freedom but i know its not exactly a system built to handle it. doesnt seem like a bad place to start though, in terms of adding objects to the game.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:44 am

What you're wanting to do isn't as simple as you make it out to be.
There aren't tools for it and you would also need to correct any collision of any piece you managed to edit.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THUG2 modding”