Black Tag Glitch on PC

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Challenger

Black Tag Glitch on PC

Postby Challenger » Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Chalk this one up to another really obscure bug from the PS2 days. Basically, you can create a graffiti tag that will darken any wall you spray it on. You can tag a wall multiple times to change its shade. The first time it will turn gray, then dark gray, then eventually black. According to Ken from the BGOAT forums...

Code: Select all

ok here is how to do it. 1st start off with a a red square, that is half faded. Then Second layer is the Astrick thing. 3rd layer is the sun graphic. Then when you get to Layer 4, Make WHITE text. You can use any font, Make any word. Then Copy the text untill the very last layer. Then your done.

Now my goal is to replicate this bug on the PC version for use with THUG Pro and other mods. I tried replicating his steps exactly but this did not work. Next I will import a GRF file from the PS2 version and see if I can get it converted. If I can, I'll update this thread. Anything in particular known about this bug?
WhoElseButMe

Re: Black Tag Glitch on PC

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm

What is known is that the PS2 and PC don't render the same so getting these rendering bugs to work on another platform is far from likely, in my opinion.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Challenger

Re: Black Tag Glitch on PC

Postby Challenger » Mon May 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah I've come to find that out. Still doesn't hurt to try though.

Return to “THUG2 modding”