THUG PRO - Download / Release thread

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Demo

Re: THUG PRO - Download / Release thread

Postby Demo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:29 pm

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:people want the 2x version of Hanger

free hanger delivery. 2x.

ThAEm

Postby ThAEm » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Oop! There you go with the hangers again, Demo! :loll:
Ever seen a Pichu that can do 120 down the freeway?

Call me ShOscar, cuz ThAEm is dead.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:59 pm

He makes a valid point. A little area that isn't much to skate at the top of the rollin doesn't warrant a new level release. The texture aren't jaw dropping amazing either. We're talking more time and energy that could've been spent on something more productive. Not to mention someone plays hanger maybe once a month.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
iscream4u

Postby iscream4u » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:53 pm

is it possible to covert the aggressive inline levels :wat:
uqqxkk

Postby uqqxkk » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 pm

I keep crashing on windows 10 when joining stages like Manhattan and new jersey, think it's related to the size of the maps or them being thug 1/ thug 2 / thaw maps. I've installed according to the instructions and have tried reinstalling as well, tried disabling the anti virus, tried compatibility mode and running as admin but no success.

What more can I try? I've got an i7 5280k pc with msi gtx 970 so the requirements should be fine.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 pm

It's the operating system you're using. Sorry to say it like that, but yeah.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Larxian

Postby Larxian » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello, i'm having a problem with THUG pro, my right stick and the RT/LT buttons don't work with my 360 controller, they work perfectly on Underground 2, but when I try them on the THUG pro launcher, nothing happens, it stays on " (none) ", like if the launcher can't see them.
Anyone know how to solve this problem?
My controller works perfectly with all my other games I almost use 360 controller on all my games.

Thanks!
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:04 pm

I've a question more relative to levels. Feel free to answer it, or not, just keep doing what you do.

Has anyone ever considered to import the Big Shell level? Y'know, the one from the Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance skating demo?

To clarify, that demo is actually part of another Konami-run game, Evolution Skateboarding. It was released for the PS2 and the GameCube, if memory serves right. Although there -are- other interesting levels in that game... And it has bossbattles, somehow.

Here's a few vids of the game's levels, if you don't know the game (as many tend not to, actually). Fun note, Big Shell's actually divided into two different levels, with each level fending off a different strut/set of struts. While both levels share the 'main' helipad strut and grind gaps, A is generally the more popular level.

Big Shell (A)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzh7vEaazBM

Big Shell (B)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvgo1jNLyLY

Bus Terminal (Tokyo) [00:50]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2ydnU9bo0

Government Office (Philadelphia) [01:18] / Port Town (Aegean Sea) [05:05]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJx4PZUYIRM

Merely throwing suggestions out there, don't mistake this as a request!
LeonBlade

Postby LeonBlade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 am

Larxian wrote:Hello, i'm having a problem with THUG pro, my right stick and the RT/LT buttons don't work with my 360 controller, they work perfectly on Underground 2, but when I try them on the THUG pro launcher, nothing happens, it stays on " (none) ", like if the launcher can't see them.
Anyone know how to solve this problem?
My controller works perfectly with all my other games I almost use 360 controller on all my games.

Thanks!

The launcher has been bugging out for a lot of people lately. I suggest going to the Registry file for the settings and editing it manually. It's located under "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\THUG Pro\Settings" and the regular THUG2 settings are in "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Activision\Tony Hawk's Underground 2\Settings".

The gp0 set of keys are for the Player 1 gamepad, just do some trial and error with the THUG2 settings to figure out which one it is. What I did was use a file diff program to figure out what mappings were which. Basically, just change the L2 and R2 to blank and export the registry then change it to the buttons and export it again and compare the two files and see which entries are the ones then just edit the THUG Pro settings with the proper entry.

Sorry that this is a bit more complicated then it needs to be, unfortunately I don't know any way around it. I'm already trying to find a way to split the axis for L2 and R2 because the game doesn't treat L2 and R2 axis as a half axis and instead treats it as one value so L2 and R2 for me just activate the same button at once.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:21 am

that is a driver issue not a launcher issue. works perfectly fine with my 360 game pad
use an application like xpadder to split the triggers nothing else will work aside from modifying the game to actually read it differently or writing your own driver.
Fog

Postby Fog » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

When the level lights were disabled, was that done on every map? Or is there a debug option of some sort within the game?

I'm interesting in trying to see if I can apply the same fix to THUG/THUG2 for speedrunning purposes on Windows 10.
Morten1337

Postby Morten1337 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Fog wrote:When the level lights were disabled, was that done on every map? Or is there a debug option of some sort within the game?

I'm interesting in trying to see if I can apply the same fix to THUG/THUG2 for speedrunning purposes on Windows 10.

The "fix" is applied to all levels since its handled by the time-of-day system in tod_manager.qb. We just make sure the function FakeLights isnt called.
There isnt a debug menu option for it.. anyways, i thought this wasnt an issue with original thug1 and 2?
Fog

Postby Fog » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 am

Morten1337 wrote:
Fog wrote:When the level lights were disabled, was that done on every map? Or is there a debug option of some sort within the game?

The "fix" is applied to all levels since its handled by the time-of-day system in tod_manager.qb. We just make sure the function FakeLights isnt called.
There isnt a debug menu option for it.. anyways, i thought this wasnt an issue with original thug1 and 2?
When the time of day changes in story mode, it causes the game to lag/freeze for about 5-10 seconds.
Fog

Postby Fog » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 am

Fog wrote:
Morten1337 wrote:

When the time of day changes in story mode, it causes the game to lag/freeze for about 5-10 seconds.

Following up on this, it appears to be an NVIDIA driver issue.

AMD works fine.
Pinky Ps

Postby Pinky Ps » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:42 pm

they forgot to put something in the newsletter
Christmas event

postscript
Merry Christmas to all
:)

Return to “THUG2 modding”