THUG PRO - Download / Release thread

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Morten1337

THUG PRO - Download / Release thread

Postby Morten1337 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 pm

THUGPro released, mod info, download link, feedback, images
The THUG Pro 0.5 Beta release is available for anybody who wants to participate.

Download: http://dl.thugpro.com/THUGProSetup.exe
Contact/Bug reports/Feedback: http://www.thmods.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Setup Instructions

!notice: You need to have Tony Hawk's Underground 2 installed to play this mod.

The setup will ask for your THUG 2 folder, then download the release, and ask to import saves and create desktop shortcuts. We recommend letting it do both. New releases will automatically download and update when you launch the game.

For THUG Pro, we recommend a fresh full install of THUG 2, and making a new create a skater file. However, if you have issues loading your cas file, send us a bug report with the file attached. If you have issues loading the game let us know, but the first thing we will ask is if you have tried a fresh installation of THUG 2 to use THUG Pro with.

THUG Pro installs into a new location separate from THUG 2, to support updating:

Vista/Win7/Win8++:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\THUG Pro

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data

Please email us after you have had a successful installation or if you have any problems with the installation flow, and your initial thoughts on the release. We love feedback :)

Read Carefully

Please inform us of any bugs, crashes, or inconsistencies that you notice with the release.
To report, send us an email at thugprocontact@gmail.com with “bug report” in the subject of the email. Please try your best to come up with clear instructions for reproducing the bug, otherwise we won’t be able to act upon it easily. If it is a bug in a multiplayer game mode or otherwise only happening with multiple players, please coordinate with other beta users to come up with reproduction instructions. If it is a graphical bug or if a screenshot would help communicate the problem, attach them in the email. Also inform us if you have any antivirus warnings.

Please refrain from sending us bug reports of items that are in the Known Issues list below.

Feature requests / suggestions should have “feature request” or “suggestion” in the subject. Please do not combine feature requests and bug reports in the same emails. New decks, griptapes, sprays, and stickers will likely not be added as we intend to support players using their own without them being in the mod itself in the future. If you are requesting THPS levels we haven’t already added, please order your list of levels by importance to you.

The THUGPRO developers request you do not upload any footage or screenshots of the beta because of its current work-in-progress state. We do allow streaming of gameplay footage on websites such as twitch.tv, or video/screenshots sent in discussion of; set up, troubleshooting and bug reports. If you still wish to record gameplay video, we ask you to please email us with your intent first.

Known Issues
  • ParkEd object previews might be positioned incorrectly, depending on screen size.
  • Many more cap pieces than the memory limit normally allows will cause crashes
  • Host CTF/Koth/Slap collision advantage, due to latency, will not be solved without a dedicated server
  • Face mapping is not exposed in THUG Pro, but you can create a skater with a custom face in THUG 2 and import the save.

!notice: Comments in this thread until 2015 are regarding the old version of the mod. Some issues mentioned are no longer relevant, later posts are up-to-date.
Last edited by Morten1337 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
banshee64

Re: THUG PRO - Download / Release thread

Postby banshee64 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Looks amazing, trying it now.
banshee64

Postby banshee64 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Got this error when I tried to open the change settings window.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
   at Updater.GameSettingsWindow.panel4_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Updater
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Activision/Tony%20Hawk's%20Underground%202/Game/Updater.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm on 64 bit Windows 7
Teancum

Postby Teancum » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 am

I've seen posts about the PC and Xbox content being cross-compatible. Theoretically speaking would it be possible to port this to the Xbox?
Demo

Postby Demo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 am

Teancum wrote:I've seen posts about the PC and Xbox content being cross-compatible. Theoretically speaking would it be possible to port this to the Xbox?

you should be a really addicted xbox fan to perform something like this.
Teancum

Postby Teancum » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Not a problem. I've got 15+ years of game modding under my belt and am the author of two major Xbox mods:

The Star Wars Battlefront II Xbox Mod (original name, I know)
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=75
20+ new maps
10+ new heroes
new units
new era (Old Republic)
and more

Marvel Ultimate Alliance SE
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,259.0.html
Four new characters
One replacement character
new costumes
new sounds
new simulator missions
and more

... that being said before I dig in I just want to be sure that it's actually a plausible thing. For example, what levels can be converted from one game to another, etc. I realize there are probably QB changes between PC and Xbox, but I've dealt with QueenBee before--having modded Guitar Hero Aerosmith on PC and Neversoft's Gun on the original Xbox.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm

It would be modding section scripts, the code not the variables within the file.
I'd say take a stab at it and see if a pc level will load on the xbox, simply replace the level pre.
The pre's will be formatted the same.
The textures too, but the imgs in the texture might not be the same format.

Various things change from one platforms files to another such as the order of files in a pre container so doing a comparison of the pc and xbox files side by side wont yield good results in most cases.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
quazz

Postby quazz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Teancum,

I remember when you had asked about my Project 8 mods, thanks for being interested. The thing that was great about my Project 8 mods was that, there was a legitimate purpose for them. When I modded the PSP version of Project 8, I was able to unlock the extra levels for freeskate, etc. And at the time, I was also interested in the original Xbox version because it had the same file formats on THAW on Xbox, etc.

So yes, our mod could be ported to original Xbox.
While it is technically possible to port all of our THUGPro assets to THUG2 on original xbox...
HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
It is too much effort for no demand/not much of a result

Basically, to take our mod files and bring them over, it would probably take about 2-3 hours of testing. Trust me, for little details such as text and file length limits on Xbox, a lot of small problems would pop up. AFTER THIS, the game would be on Xbox, which is pretty nice. But the problem is, the result is not better and worth the effort. There would be no online play, and the controller is not even really made for THPS gameplay.

Our PC release means anybody with a PC made after 2004 can join. We released it with an easy installer, and it takes not more than 4 minutes for somebody to download and install our mod. Despite being this easy to setup and play, there are only about 15 ppl max on PC a day. Who would play the offline-only Xbox version?

Simply put, PC is the only worth platform worth me and Morten's time. While I love the original Xbox, I just don't think its really worth the effort, not even for the sake of doing it to contribute to the original Xbox modding/homebrew community.
Teancum

Postby Teancum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 am

Totally understandable, thanks for the answer, quazz. I'll still think about tackling it anyway, my Star Wars Battlefront II Xbox mod has over 12,000 downloads at The ISO Zone alone. But in the end it's really more for me and a few friends. We're all older generation console gamers and to us online doesn't compete with a little splitscreen competition. Should I tackle something like this proper credit will obviously go to the original authors.
quazz

Postby quazz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

I'll see what I can do to help out. I did port some stuff over to thug2 on xbox a while ago.
Teancum

Postby Teancum » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 am

If you can point me to any docs and tools that would help with extraction/injection that's really what I need to assess how much effort this will be. I'm not so much concerned with QB scripts as I worked with them on the Guitar Hero games and Gun, but back then I couldn't totally decompile scripts with QueenBee, just change values. Can all THUG2 scripts be decompiled?
quazz

Postby quazz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 am

sup guys,
we just released an update:

-fixed observer mode crashing
this includes joining a room in the middle of a game and observing

-enhanced "in-game" observe from the pause menu or by typing /obs in chat
this observe mode will keep you in a "FIXED" foot brake state, until you exit the mode. (including level changes or new games. You can go to the bathroom now and not worry about bouncing into walls.
you can enter this mode during a game
if you are in this mode in the middle of the game, you can click rejoin next game, to start skating again after the game ends

-fixed saving and loading bugs
-fixed crashing in the lobby
-fixed 95% of level crashing bug
I think you may only crash if you do a few freeskate levels in a row, but you should have no problems if you play online.

enjoy

next update may include:
new levels
wallrideplant

-
Morten1337

Postby Morten1337 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 am

The new update is now available !!!
Run your updaters!

http://thugpro.thmods.com/thugpro/

added: new launcher / updater!!
added: levels from THPS4
added: new server options menu
added: difficulty menu
added: rotate skater in CAS
added: new CAS animations
added: pedestrian heads in CAS
added: kickflip extratricks
added: game logo icons to the levelselect
added: helper text to the levelselect
added: keyboard buttons, (for gp players)

fixed: create-a-trick crashing
fixed: wp/ss angles and physics
fixed: no more super stats
fixed: random lag when bailing
fixed: crashing when connecting to lobby
fixed: menu callback scripts
fixed: random lag when bailing

removed: load premade menu in Park Ed
Epicdaman

Postby Epicdaman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:00 pm

I keep getting an error message whenever I open up Thug PRO. I can play the game just fine, but I cannot update! Can somebody help!
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:52 pm

https://copy.com/tT6FMtLN1PgrdxGy
This is the thugpro release and all updates game\ directory.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THUG2 modding”