THUG1 Decks/Griptapes in THUG2

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
ZurePitchmen83

THUG1 Decks/Griptapes in THUG2

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I had the idea of making a Decks/Griptape Mod for THUG2, it would have every Non-Repeating THPS4/THUG1/THUG2 Decks/Griptapes

I simply started from scratch with copying the THUG1 decks.qb and every Deck/Griptape img file to THUG2, when i went to Create-A-Skater, i was surprised to see that the actually show up in the deck menu, but if i select any deck from the beginning/ending, it would work fine and i can exit menu, but when i select any one from the middle (The unlockable Sponsored Decks), it shows up but i can't exit the menu, when i try to exit, it crashes, :(

So to get this to work, i would have to either

A. Port the THUG1 Skateshop Level to THUG2
B. Hex Edit the script to remove the Unlockable IDs since i can't compile it with QB Explorer

Another issue is that some skaters (Chad Muska, and Ryan Sheckler) have the THUG2 Logo Deck rather than their supposedly used decks, others (Like Tony Hawk) actually have the correct branded decks

Now has anyone done this with success?, I'd like to know how to fix the crashing issue
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
WhoElseButMe

Re: THUG1 Decks/Griptapes in THUG2

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:58 pm

You change the source ID in the img file itself and add your entries to decks.qb both the decks array and the griptape arrays are in this .qb file.
Names contain spaces and roq.exe can't create a QbKey with a space in the name you'll need to rename them and then hex their names back.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THUG2 modding”