Hello! I'm new here.

Anything not related to Tony Hawk games goes here
TreblaYevrah

Hello! I'm new here.

Postby TreblaYevrah » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:18 am

I've been a huge fan of the Tony Hawk series for years, and only recently have I gotten back into them (THUG2 on the Xbox in my college dorm). This seems to be one of the most active communities left for the series, and I've taken interest in this forum in particular because I've recently been considering the idea of modifying my Xbox, and hopefully expanding what is possible in a few of the titles I own.

My only experience in "modding" of any kind was with the Gamecube. I used softmodding methods to hack codes for some of my favorite games and run emulators and the like. What I did wasn't terribly complicated, but I'd like to really learn how to get working on the Xbox, and I've already taken a peek at some instructional videos about modding the console on youtube (trying to decide which method would be the best).

It seems that this forum is mainly focused on the PC versions, but I hope I'll be able to learn something here. My biggest problem at the moment is that I don't have a very convenient setup to work with. I only have a TV and my Xbox in my room (living on campus), and I use the computers in the lab for all my internet purposes and school work. I may have picked the wrong time to get interested in this, but whatever the case, I'm just looking to start getting an idea of the modding scene. I may try to get my own apartment sometime later this year, so hopefully I can actually attempt something with it by then.

I know "noobs" can be a pain, but I'm not going to be pestering anyone here, because I'm usually pretty busy with school work anyway.
My stuff is archived here: treblayevrah.webs.com
TreblaYevrah

Re: Hello! I'm new here.

Postby TreblaYevrah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 am

Hey, it seems like I posted this in the wrong category... sorry about that. I hate making sour first impressions, but I'm getting the vibe that this place is reserved for seasoned modders anyway. I'm going to look into Xbox modding in the near future, so I hope to come up with something interesting if I can, but for now there isn't much I can do.

On a side note, I am trying to see if I can find any remaining Hawk fans who play the Xbox titles. I'm interested in setting up a means of swapping created content, which is obviously just a place to upload park saves, etc. and share them with other players. I have Action Replay, and I'll be using that to put my own content up there. I'm currently still playing THUG2, but I own the majority of Hawk titles on Xbox (excluding THPS3, THAW, and THP8). I have a simple Webs.com site where I've put some of my hacking stuff up before, but since I'm not here to advertise, I'll just finish by saying that if you're interested, just respond to this post or contact me at treblayevrah(AT)hotmail.com. I just think it's a shame that there are few archives left on the net for user content in these great games.
quazz

Postby quazz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

All mods are interchangeable with the PC and Xbox versions. In order to do that however you'll need your Xbox softmodded and have an FTP connection to your computer which doesn't sound convenient in your current situation. I used to be a big original Xbox TH fanatic but the truth is the PC versions are the best because you can do your mods and try them right there. If you want I can exchange some parks and created content with you (I have an action replay as well) but I don't really have too much time to get actively involved. If you have a wired internet connection in your room it may be possible to play all system link TH games (THPS3-THPS4-THUG1) together through a program such as Xlink Kai or Xbox Connect (use google to learn about them). In THUG1 Neversoft tried to implement Xbox Live support but gave up, some of the Xbox Live Friends list code remains in one of the files. However with a "tunneling" program we might be able to play online through the system link/lan component in the games. Anyway, I can help you with anything you want to try out so if you have any questions just ask!
TreblaYevrah

Postby TreblaYevrah » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey, thanks a lot! I actually have used Xbox Connect before, but the only success I had was with Halo 2, as it seems to be the most popular title people still play on there (not surprisingly). I had tried to play THUG with somebody in one of my created parks, but there seemed to be a problem with his connection, and we never got it to work.

Either way, I'd definitely like to see some of your created content. Unfortunately, I've run into another problem in trying to use the Action Replay software on the computers in this school. I do plan to get a laptop eventually, but until then I won't be able to upload or download anything to or from my memory unit before early next month (I'll be going home for about a week). Whatever the case, I'm still on the lookout for people who are interested in doing that, but I won't be uploading my own stuff all that often either, because I do have school projects and the like to worry about. LAN play would be a great thing as well, but finding the people for it obviously wouldn't be easy.

By the way, I don't think THUG2 supports LAN on the Xbox, but you do have access to CTF placements in the park editor... what's with that? Can you play that mode in 2 player or something on the Xbox?
quazz

Postby quazz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 am

TreblaYevrah wrote:By the way, I don't think THUG2 supports LAN on the Xbox, but you do have access to CTF placements in the park editor... what's with that? Can you play that mode in 2 player or something on the Xbox?

Its a leftover from the previous games.

Code: Select all

:i :s{
      :i $name$ = %s(10,"Team Flags")
      :i $first$ = $Sk4Ed_Team_Blue$
      :i $no_gamecube$
   :i :s}

Its excluded from GameCube but since they never implemented System Link in THUG2 they forgot to change it to be removed from Xbox as well.
TreblaYevrah

Postby TreblaYevrah » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:58 am

Hmm... that's a pretty funny mistake. It's a shame that they didn't have LAN support for any of the Xbox titles after THUG, but oh well. Technically there is no reason that they couldn't have supported it on the gamecube, either, but I guess nobody was really concerned about that.

Anyway, I would like to learn to mod using the Xbox rather than a PC, because there are titles besides the Hawk games that I would like to look into if I ever managed to get set up for it. Also, I have no intentions of getting rid of my Xbox, and I think it would be a nice use for it to extend what's possible in some of my favorite games.

Whatever the case, I'm enjoying just playing THUG2 again and making parks. I lost interest in the series for a long time, but I've managed to get back into it, and I'm quite pleased about that!
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:16 am

TreblaYevrah wrote:Hmm... that's a pretty funny mistake

Actually, it's not really a mistake, Activision and the dev's that they employ are known for being lazy.
quazz

Postby quazz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Its a lazy mistake. :p

It may be possible to import every THAW Xbox level into THP8 Xbox with next to no effort on much that needs to be modified.
TreblaYevrah

Postby TreblaYevrah » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 am

Has the Xbox version of THP8 been modded much? I read about a hack somebody was making for the PSP version on here a long time ago, and I think they were trying to essentially make a PSP version of American Wasteland... I can't remember exactly how they did it, but it looked interesting. Maybe it wasn't this site at all.

Anyway, I recently picked up the Xbox THP8 for dirt cheap, even though I'm well aware of how it compares to the next gen version (which I already own on PS3). I'd definitely be intested in trying something with this game in the future though.
Last edited by TreblaYevrah on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreblaYevrah

Postby TreblaYevrah » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm

In case anybody is interested, I've started uploading some of my created content to my webs.com site (link in signature). Aside from a couple save files from Project 8 and Proving Ground on the PS3, I'm only dealing with Xbox saves, so if anyone has any parks or whatnot that they'd like to share for the Xbox, please let me know so I can take a look! I'd also like to post them on the site if I may to start forming something of an archive for user created content for the Hawk series on the Xbox.
ProHad

Postby ProHad » Wed May 11, 2011 3:40 pm

I think it's a bot bro.
ProHad

Postby ProHad » Thu May 12, 2011 8:11 pm

But I <3 you :cry:

Return to “Off-topic”