THUG not working

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
UnfairJonah

THUG not working

Postby UnfairJonah » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:04 pm

I downloaded Tony Hawk's Underground for PC, and it refuses to work. I click the launcher, and click play, then the screen turns black for a few seconds then goes back to the desktop. i tried everything, clicking on the actual game and not the launcher, messing with admin settings, hiring priest to do an exorcist on my cousin Jerry. but nothing will work, I have THUG 2, THPS 2,3,4, Installed, and they all work fine and run smoothly, so its not that my PC cant handle it. I am in fact using a Non-CD cracked version (cause lets be honest the actual THUG on PC is a little hard to find), Ive downloaded it from different sites and re-installed it so many times, and they all do the same thing. so if you can help me out, and help me end world hunger, that would be great, also fixing the game would benefit me more than the starving children in San Francisco, so please help, with the game. also i have a Windows 7. sorry i am a terrible writer.
WhoElseButMe

Re: THUG not working

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 pm

The no-cd for thug1 isn't really a no-cd in the traditional sense of removing the protection. If the game isn't working with the no-cd then you need to grab one of the 2 disk images you can find in the download thread and mount it to play the game.

Note the image you used to install the game wont work as the mounting image.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
UnfairJonah

Postby UnfairJonah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Ive actually solved it, i had to uninstall an update from like 2 years ago, Thanks anyways :)
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Okay
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “General thps talk”