15 years later...

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
_ENunn_

15 years later...

Postby _ENunn_ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:48 am

PRETEND ITS AUGUST 31st (if you're reading this on August 30, 2014)!!!

August 31, 1999, one of the most sucessful video game franchises made its debut on the Playstation. 15 years later, we're still playing it. Wow. Amazing. I can't believe the Tony Hawk games have made it this far, even though every TH game released since 2007 was bad, especially Shred Session, the new mobile game. The TH series was one of the best video game franchises of all time, and made skateboarding popular. From early beta which had an eerie level, to a later beta that looked awesome, and then to the final product, THPS was already something special.

I first got my hands on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater in 2005 when I got my Nintendo 64 for Christmas, and I remember playing it all day! I even remember playing it with my sister, and then we would recreate the tricks we saw in our replays. So magical. I'm still playing it 9 years later. I know that a hell lotta other people were playing it longer than me, even after it was first released.

It would be cool if Activision would make a 15th anniversary remake of THPS1, but it is very unlikely with Neversoft gone from the gaming industry.

The later games sucked in my opinion, THHD was decent.

What were your memories when you first got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater?

HAPPY 15th ANNIVERSARY THPS!!!!

EDIT 8/31/2014: Made a celebration video (kinda). Click here.
Last edited by _ENunn_ on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lol hi
ZurePitchmen83

Re: 15 years later...

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:20 am

The first THPS games I got were Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 on the Nintendo GameCube in 2006, I remember when I first got them and played them, I unlocked every level in both games in 2 months! :lol:, I also did 2-Player matches between me and my brother or my friend and even my brother vs my friend, I introduced my friend to THPS in 2007/2008, I got THPS1 for PSone in 2007, I played the heck out of that too, I remember completing every goal in it within an hour not that long ago, I got the PC versions of THUG2 and THAW in 2009, And now I have THPS1-THP8 on most commonly known game consoles.

THPS is one of my favorite video games of all time, I'm glad that people still play it, Happy 15th Anniversary to the release of the PSone version of THPS1!!! :clap:
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: 15 years later...

Postby Eraser » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm

The first one I had was THPS2 that came with my PS1 in like 2001. I never played that kind of game before and I thought that sport games are lame but I fell in love with it the minute I started the career mode. I remember I found almost all tags by myself (there were like 3 missing). I would love to create custom parks and whenever I couldn't play thps2 I would draw a park on a piece of paper and then make it reality in the game. lol

Return to “General thps talk”