A question on THUG1 PC...

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
_ENunn_

A question on THUG1 PC...

Postby _ENunn_ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:14 am

This is weird. Why was THUG1 PC only released in Australia and New Zealand? This is so weird. Could it just be released in the US in 2003??!! :|
lol hi
ZurePitchmen83

Re: A question on THUG1 PC...

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:12 am

I believe the reason why THUG1PC wasn't released to the US was because development was slow, by the time It was finished, THUG2 was coming out in the US, So it was a bit too much too release 2 games at once in the same series for the same platform.

I have a theory that THUG1PC was originally developed by Aspyr (The company who developed THPS4PC) and development was slow for them and by the time It was originally supposed to be released, It was too buggy, so Beenox took over development for the PC versions to finish it in time, However, When It was finally ready, It was too late to release It in the US.

So basically THUG1PC came out to Australia the same time THUG2PC came out to the US, Due to slow development and I believe the reason why It was slow was from them switching developers, But who knows.
Last edited by ZurePitchmen83 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
quazz

Postby quazz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:18 am

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:I believe the reason why THUG1PC wasn't released to the US was because development was slow, by the time It was finished, THUG2 was coming out in the US, So it was a bit too much too release 2 games at once in the same series for the same platform.

I have a theory that THUG1PC was originally developed by Aspyr (The company who developed THPS4PC) and development was slow for them and by the time It was originally supposed to be released, It was too buggy, so Beenox took over development for the PC versions to finish it in time, However, When It was finally ready, It was too late to release It in the US.

So basically THUG1PC came out to Australia the same time THUG2PC came out to the US, Due to slow development and I believe the reason why It was slow was from them switching developers, But who knows.

tl;dr: THUG1PC wasn't released to the US was because development was slow, by the time It was finished, THUG2 was coming out in the US.

Zure, does it take 3 paragraphs to say what you said in the first line????

Also I don't think Aspyr was ever behind the THUG port. What do you think?
Demo

Postby Demo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:31 am

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:I have a theory that THUG1PC was originally developed by Aspyr (The company who developed THPS4PC) and development was slow for them and by the time It was originally supposed to be released, It was too buggy, so Beenox took over development for the PC versions to finish it in time, However, When It was finally ready, It was too late to release It in the US.

if someone could check this http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/compan ... 0&devpub=0 and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenox before posting, he'd never share his great theories with us.
it's not that hard in the end, is it, zure?

Return to “General thps talk”