Connecting to gamespy(THUG2)(PC)

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
Remps

Connecting to gamespy(THUG2)(PC)

Postby Remps » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I have played this years ago, and decided i'd install it again since it's so much fun.
At first i used my own original 3 disc game, which i had bought when i first got it in around 07/08.

Installed it, discovered that CHC mod doesen't work anymore, got antearas and went to play around online. It worked alright at first, then i got the connection refused all the time.

Uninstall-reinstall via 3 click installer. Thats when the problem started, first it takes a longer than average time to connect to the master server and then the connecting to gamespy stays on the screen forever.
Googled around a bit, didn't found a resolution, tried reinstalling via different ways a couple times, nothing works, the same thing.

Help?
WhoElseButMe

Re: Connecting to gamespy(THUG2)(PC)

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 pm

The slow problems could be due to the OpenSpy servers. They're also known to go down from time to time and you'll need to notify someone to restart the server.
either post in this thread or pm frost if you're still having issues connecting
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
ProHad

Postby ProHad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:13 am

If it's getting stuck at connecting to gamespy at all times then it sounds like you need to update whatever mod you have to get onto openspy

http://thmods.com/mods/index.php?dir=THUG2+Mods%2F any of these will work.

If it's just happening once in a while then it's just openspy(it has a tendency to crash frequently)

As for the connection refused,

Download this:
http://thmods.com/mod_tools/connfix_by_ ... ey_Changer).rar

Put it in the game folder run it at the same time as the game, when you get connection refused press ctrl+s, repeat this until you connect.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm

WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “General thps talk”