[THPS2][PC] Cumulative patch (Widescreen, FPS unlock, etc.)

General/other thps modding discussion
Nirual

Re: [THPS2][PC] Cumulative patch (Widescreen, FPS unlock, etc.)

Postby Nirual » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:36 am

Demo wrote:http://levelmod.webatu.com/misc/dinput.7z

use this file. it's been fixed a while now, but i didn't have spare time to update it. sorry about that.

Awesome Ty!
LilShootDawg

Postby LilShootDawg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 am

Demo wrote:http://levelmod.webatu.com/misc/dinput.7z

use this file. it's been fixed a while now, but i didn't have spare time to update it. sorry about that.

What does it do?
Demo

Postby Demo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 pm

fixes this

Nirual wrote:i got a sneaky little problem : the gap list for "chopper drop" and the career quests are the same as for the hangar, which means i cant complete it of course + not check which gaps are missing..
Hinkii

Postby Hinkii » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 pm

So is there a way to run this in borderless window? the window zip doesn't do anything for me..
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:37 am

this has gotta be the best thing ever dude... i love it!!

especially thrilled by the presence of gaps in the non-thps2 levels (i'm sure i'm the only one who is...!) :D you know if its possible to get the gaps in the MHPB levels too? no worries if not, i've been itching to play those levels on a skateboard and this is perfect. keep up the great work :superevil:
'rodafy' on thpsx.com
MotaDaVarjota

Postby MotaDaVarjota » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:23 pm

i choose by the launcher thps1, thps3, thps4 and none work
game freezes at the screen before the level, dont know what it is
ive done all the steps correctly...
Demo

Postby Demo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm

levelpack is a separate download, cause it was released before cumulative patch.
if you want to play other levels, make sure you download stuff below *** section in the main post: levelpack, mhpb levels and a fix for skater island.
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:43 pm

yo demo, can you show me how to edit the thps4_gaps.bin file? i wanna try adding the gaps in there too, or is there more to it than that? major props again, i end up playing this more than thugpro at this point :D
'rodafy' on thpsx.com
Demo

Postby Demo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 am

it ain't rocket science to be honest.

the theory.

game level has an object.
this object has a certain script assigned via TRG file, gappolyhit in paricular. (trg files are somewhat like nodearrays in level qb files in th3 and onwards)
when you hit the object, it triggers that gap script.
the gap script has some params, gap index in particular. just a number.
how do we know the name of the gap, knowing the index?
if you open the original executable at 0x13e718 you'll find the array of gap structs: gaptype (air, manual, rail, etc), carrer specific flags (like denotes if that is a goal gap), the index we need, score and gap text. this is a huge array of all gaps in the game.
when you run the game via launcher it reads levelpatch.ini and this particular line: 0x0053E718=(file)thps4_gaps.bin reads the file given and writes it to the address given, the one where gaplist is located.
basically, we simply replace the th2 array with a custom one.

so your goal is simple, generate the gap list in the proper format.
how do we get that? now that's a different story.

the original executable had some thps1 gaps, but they were broken.
so i had to read ps1 gap array from the corresponding game.
the array is somewhat similiar, except it stores a pointer instead of an actual text.
so it's one extra step to learn ps1 memory adressing and find proper names.
once done, you have a proper gap list.
this is what i did for thps1 and thps3.

then for thps4 vicarious visions changed format and now it's not a single array anymore.
even more, it's not even in the executable, but rather splitted in chunks over some data files.
so basically there are 2 ways to restore thps4 gaps.
either you dig data files, find some pattern and restore correct gaps directly (which is far harder than th1-3)
or you can add a dummy list of indices with random names and hope they'll trigger once you hit the gap.
alternatively you could search trg file for indices, but i believe it doesn't fully match for some reason.
at least that's what i vaguely remember from the last attempt.
i only added college and it was like 1 by 1 manual work for every gap :P

as of mhpb levels, it's different. whoever developed mhpb, they changed trg calls and included all the gap names there. so th2 exe can't parse that correctly, since it expects index there instead of a name. to fix that you'd either require to rebuild all mhpb trg files or patch the game code to parse gappolyhit params for mhpb in a different way. both are rather unrewarding and require too many things to make it work.

i could check if i have any helper tools left.
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 am

yeah i did figure the mhpb stuff was a bit different... i lost my mind when i found out the trg's for that game had all the gap names in plain sight - made finding all of them a lot easier :lol: as for the thps4 stuff i will see what i can do... if i can get it all working i'll update ya :D

quick edit: pretty sure i've found all the gap addresses, just a case of putting the right names on them now...

nutha edit: whats the 'id' for lip gaps? like air gaps are preceded by a hex 13, grind gaps by a hex 19, etc... i have all the other gaps set up properly, just can't figure out how to do the lip gaps :thinking:
'rodafy' on thpsx.com
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm

here's the 95% done version. only thing missing is the lip gaps (theyre in there but idk how to get them to work), the spine-transfer gaps don't work either: https://mega.nz/#!wAkDRAgD!H4d9SSroKhnc ... QDCHIWvVEw
'rodafy' on thpsx.com
Demo

Postby Demo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 am

nice. there's "Londoon Call In" gap, never noticed that in the original, hehe. did you find any pattern?

for some reason there is no special gaptype for lips. they're all marked as air gaps in the original. could be some hardcoded air state exension.

in a2sfp_t.trg if you'll replace this
06 00 00 00 3A 6D 7E 33 C9 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 69 09 FF
with this
06 00 00 00 3A 6D 7E 33 C9 00 00 00 3A 6D 7E 33 69 09 FF

one of the pier lips will trigger upon landing as air gap.

some context

06 00 - command node
00 00 - zero links from this node
3A 6D 7E 33 - source object checksum (the one that triggers command)
C9 00 - gappolyhit command
00 00 - a wild padding appears!
3A 6D 7E 33 - destination object checksum.
69 09 - gap index
FF - terminator
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 am

yeah, "Londoon Call In" and "Pip Pip Chireo" kind of annoy me as a british guy... :D

i did find a pattern yeah - i extracted everything from the wad using a wad tool (yours, i think!) and found that all the gap names were stored in the file "EE59B265.bin", i looked around a bit and found that all the addresses were in there too, partway down:

the gaps are sorted by gap type, then by level, so you have all the air gaps (college, then sf, then alcatraz, etc), then manual gaps and then grind gaps and then lip gaps. after that i think are all the goal-related "gaps" which don't exist as actual gaps, so i left them out.

speaking of which alcatraz had some goal "gaps" left in with the air gaps so i dummied them out to prevent them from accidentally firing or something. don't know if it's necessary though...

the names don't correspond exactly so i had to just put them in with placeholder names and hit them individually to find out which was which. didn't take too long luckily, had most issues with sewers as i can rarely get it to load without crashing... :D

as for the lip gaps, that's weird... either way i'm pretty happy i got most of the rest of them working, thanks for your help :cool:

edit: think i got 'east sidewalk grind' and 'west sidewalk grind' in london mixed up lol... damn similar gaps...
'rodafy' on thpsx.com
Demo

Postby Demo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Munckeyz wrote:i did find a pattern yeah - i extracted everything from the wad using a wad tool (yours, i think!) and found that all the gap names were stored in the file "EE59B265.bin"

i expected a more automated way, considering the speed, haha. the file is levelsel.bin, if you use this tool:
https://github.com/DCxDemo/WAD-Tool/releases

Munckeyz wrote:had most issues with sewers as i can rarely get it to load without crashing... :D

how come, anything in the log file?
Munckeyz

Postby Munckeyz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am

Demo wrote:i expected a more automated way, considering the speed, haha. the file is levelsel.bin, if you use this tool:
https://github.com/DCxDemo/WAD-Tool/releases

i'll take that as a compliment.... ;)

Demo wrote:
Munckeyz wrote:had most issues with sewers as i can rarely get it to load without crashing... :D

how come, anything in the log file?

well i launched the level fine first try now, but i tried again and it crashed. log file says this: "Exception C0000005 at 4CEA37 :Access Violation"
'rodafy' on thpsx.com

Return to “Other THPS games modding”