This cumulative patch allows you to run THPS2 at a modern widescreen resolution in 32 bits color depth without FPS limit (locked at your display frequency). Additionally you can apply various fixes through the launcher.
- unlocked FPS, 32 bits, any resolution up to 2048
- XInput controllers support
- additional levels support (from LevelPack)
- additional skater styles support
- unlimited custom soundtrack support
- bonus: start+select quits the game instantly
Windowed mode: viewtopic.php?t=5519
Content pack (22MB): https://yadi.sk/d/MhjeMf5W-IF2hA
Content pack is not required, but strongly recommended. It basically contains levels from PlayStation releases, additional skins, better textures, etc.
- download the patch
- download "smaller" exe: http://thps-mods.com/cracks/THPS2crack.rar
- extract/install both in your game folder
- rename THawk2_smaller.exe to THawk2.exe. You can either backup or delete the original exe. (EDIT: no longer needed to rename if you download it from thps-mods.com and it's called THawk2.exe)
- if you're also going to install windowed plugin or content pack, simply unpack those to your THPS2 folder too
- use th2patchlauncher.exe to change options and launch the game
- you can create a shortcut to the launcher on your desktop with -F key to skip the launcher window
- main menu wheel is twice smaller than it should be, but at least visible
- second FMV after you beat Bullring level in career crashes the game. Either beat this level on vanilla exe, or rename vids folder, beat the game, save, then rename back.
- level sounds are messed up (especially in MHPB and THPS3 levels)
- some THPS3 levels are crashing in certain areas
Q: Launcher says exe is incorrect.
A: You'll have to download "smaller" exe.
Q: Game doesn't launch, log says something about sound device.
A: THPS2 won't launch if you don't have at least 1 sound device enabled in your system.
Q: Game crashes, log says something like "can't read/load file"
A: Make sure DATAPATH in th2_opt.cfg is correct. Often an issue when you moved game folder to a different location. Simply remove the cfg file, then launch the game.
Q: Game doesn't launch on Windows 10, throws 0xc0000022 error.
A: This is an old DirectDraw game. You'll have to enable Legacy Component called Direct Play on our system.
Q: Game crashes in QHD/4K.
A: Unfortunately DirectDraw's texture buffer is limited to 2048x2048. Nothing beyond that size will work.
Q: Window title and borders do not disappear in fullscreen and/or choppy framerate on Windows 10
A: You'll have to make it borderless windowed, using this plugin: viewtopic.php?t=5519
Q: Game crashes/freezes at skater/level selection screens
A: Most likely you don't have LevelPack and skater packs installed. You just have to download content pack file to fix this.
Q: Game closes on Alt-Tab
A: The port is written in a way so it will close whenever graphic device is lost by application. Partially fixed by making it borderless windowed, but will still close on Ctrl-Alt-Del though.
Q: Main wheel menu is not visible
A: It was the issue prior v4prev2. Install latest version. It should be visible in 1080p.
Q: Game crashes after some videos.
A: Known bug related to resolution patch code. You can avoid crashing by renaming/removing problematic videos.
Q: Game crashes/freezes in some THPS3 levels
A: Unfortunately, you'll have to avoid problematic areas.
Q: Some MHPB levels don't have rails and/or some parts of the level are not loaded.
A: Unfortunately, this is the only way to load these levels at this point.
Q: Some levels have missing/wrong sounds all over.
A: New levels keep using THPS2 sound banks, hence some sounds may be missing or in a different order.
Q: FPS is inconsistent, constantly slows down/speeds up when Unlock FPS option is selected
A: Force vsync in your GPU driver utility. If that fails, use some 3rd party software to lock at 60fps like (MSI Afterburner).