THPS2 has problems...

General discussion about modding in all thps games.
_ENunn_
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am
Location: Providence, KY, USA
Contact:

THPS2 has problems...

Postby _ENunn_ » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Welp, THPS2 is being a bitch on Windows 10. Same thing happened when I had Windows 8.1.

First off, there is a window border in fullscreen.

20160202_154116.jpg
20160202_154116.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 3410 times


Borderless Gaming won't work with it.

Secondly, its stuck at a resolution of 640x480. The game will close without any warning whatsoever once you load a level at anything but 640x480.
https://youtu.be/Ciuxu7H_-Gg

This kinda sucks haha. Is there any way to fix this? xD
lol hi
Eraser
Site Admin
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm
Location: Lithuania
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Eraser » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 am

I remember it was pain too, could not even alt-tab it or it would shut down.
Catar4x
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Catar4x » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:16 am

You can try this widescreen hack to change the resolution:
http://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sec5

But it doesn't appear to works very well.
_ENunn_
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am
Location: Providence, KY, USA
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby _ENunn_ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 am

Catar4x wrote:You can try this widescreen hack to change the resolution:
http://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sec5

But it doesn't appear to works very well.


Yeah that never worked. Damn.
lol hi
WhoElseButMe
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 am
Location: FL - USA
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Perhaps use a VM or build an old system for older games.
Bring carmageddon back!
Image
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Catar4x
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Catar4x » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:09 am

After replaying thps2, well I have the version with the widescreen hack compatible (from the french release, game is fully english).
I can share the game if interested.

There is still the border bug and resolution crash from options however.
Eraser
Site Admin
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm
Location: Lithuania
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Eraser » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 am

would be nice
_ENunn_
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am
Location: Providence, KY, USA
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby _ENunn_ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 am

Alright I have a little update on the issue. The border bug can be fixed! Just put your game folder to anywhere BUT program files. Sadly, the resolution bug is still there. :/

Hope it helps!
lol hi
Catar4x
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Catar4x » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:07 am

_ENunn_ wrote:Alright I have a little update on the issue. The border bug can be fixed! Just put your game folder to anywhere BUT program files. Sadly, the resolution bug is still there. :/

Hope it helps!


Didn't work for me.

This exe is compatible with the widescreen hack :
http://thps-mods.com/cracks/THPS2crack.rar
_ENunn_
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am
Location: Providence, KY, USA
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby _ENunn_ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:12 am

Catar4x wrote:
_ENunn_ wrote:Alright I have a little update on the issue. The border bug can be fixed! Just put your game folder to anywhere BUT program files. Sadly, the resolution bug is still there. :/

Hope it helps!


Didn't work for me.

This exe is compatible with the widescreen hack :
http://thps-mods.com/cracks/THPS2crack.rar


The border bug was fixed for me by putting it in my documents. Where did you put it?

I'll the widescreen patch whenever I can.

EDIT: Applied the crack, put the widescreen patch, nothing. It doesn't work.
lol hi
Catar4x
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Catar4x » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:12 am

I have some good news !

I've been able to run the game in custom resolution (1080p), no more border in fullscreen and i have the widescreen hack running too.
The custom resolution works also on the korean release.

If someone is interested to try, let me know.
_ENunn_
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am
Location: Providence, KY, USA
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby _ENunn_ » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 am

Catar4x wrote:I have some good news !

I've been able to run the game in custom resolution (1080p), no more border in fullscreen and i have the widescreen hack running too.
The custom resolution works also on the korean release.

If someone is interested to try, let me know.


Yes pls
lol hi
taufan99
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby taufan99 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Catar4x wrote:I have some good news !

I've been able to run the game in custom resolution (1080p), no more border in fullscreen and i have the widescreen hack running too.
The custom resolution works also on the korean release.

If someone is interested to try, let me know.

Count me in!
Catar4x
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 pm
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby Catar4x » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 pm

taufan99 wrote:
Catar4x wrote:I have some good news !

I've been able to run the game in custom resolution (1080p), no more border in fullscreen and i have the widescreen hack running too.
The custom resolution works also on the korean release.

If someone is interested to try, let me know.

Count me in!

Take a look at Demo's patch here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5429
taufan99
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: THPS2 has problems...

Postby taufan99 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:29 am

Catar4x wrote:Take a look at Demo's patch here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5429

Thanks!

Return to “Other THPS games modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest