Ahhhhhh! So annoying!

General/other thps modding discussion
BLAZING_INDICA

Re: Ahhhhhh! So annoying!

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:01 am

I pasted this, $my_first_menu_ID$ after $id$ =. That is what the tutorial tells me to do. However I still get a dump file! :wat:
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:13 am

:u(02:000000db)call $AddLine$ arguments
$parent$ = $game_menu$$id$ = $backend_sound_options$$text$ = %s(13,"Sound Options")$link$ = $sfx_menu_container$

In the tutorial it says to search for "sound options", and above is the line of code that it finds. Also, in the tutorial it says to copy and paste that line of code above the previous line. So by doing that you get two of the same lines. Am I suppose to change something to differentiate the two lines from one another?
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:21 am

It's like the only way for the script to compile is, if I don't change anything. I'm serious, if I leave it as is it will compile, but if I change any little thing it won't. I'm so fucking annoyed, but I won't give up!
Morten1337

Postby Morten1337 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 pm

For some reason I had problems compiling using the "qb launcher" tool.
I cleaned up the code a bit, and tried a few different compilers, and it compiles just fine.

https://copy.com/yLqGAcsNmUGZaOvj/test.rar?download=1

I think you were using an old compiler that doesn't calculate the new checksums. So when the compiler would reach the "new code" it would crash.
The newer compilers should calculate the checksums for you, but you have to run the compile process twice.
BLAZING_INDICA

Postby BLAZING_INDICA » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 am

I just want to say thank you for both Whoelsebutme, and Morten1337's help. Even if this tool doesn't work, I still know more about
qb-scripts than I ever would own my own! I will try this tool now, and if it doesn't work? At least I tried!

Return to “Other THPS games modding”