(THP8)(PS2/XBOX) Unlock Marseilles, Atlanta, and TestLevel

Tutorial forum for Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No requests, use other sections for that. TAG your titles [THAW][THUG2] etc.
ZurePitchmen83

(THP8)(PS2/XBOX) Unlock Marseilles, Atlanta, and TestLevel

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 am

This is a better way to unlock those 3 Levels using QueenBee, Much more easier and efficient than the old HackTHPS Tutorial telling you how to do this

NOTE: There are other secret levels, but these are the only ones that work without any Z_name.pak editing, these will only work in free-skate/2-player modes
NOTE FOR XBOX USERS: For retreiving the data, you need to FTP the data needed for this tutorial to your PC (Which is every QB.PAK/PAB and DBG.PAK which are in PAK folder of the game), i believe this tutorial will work

NEEDED:
- Queenbee 1.9
- A modded XBOX or PS2 Console (Or PCSX2 if you don't want to mod your console)

FOR PS2 USERS:
- WadEdit v4 or Hedwadedit if you're doing this for PS2
- UMDgen if you're doing this for PS2

Step 1:Open up QB.PAK with QueenBee
Step 2:Open up gamemenu_levelselect.qb in the pak, you will find such levels laid out like
FOR EXAMPLE WITH REGULAR LEVELS:

Code: Select all

text = SUBRUBS
level = load_z_houses
poster = levelposter_suburbs
length = 130
rot = -1
required_goal_total = 0

FOR THE LEVELS WE WANT UNLOCKED:

Code: Select all

text = MARSEILLES
level = load_Z_MS
poster = levelposter_rio
length = 160
rot = -4
DEVKIT_ONLY

Step 3:for these to be unlocked, we want to remove "DEVKIT_ONLY" from the 3 levels in the menu
Step 4:Search for QBkey "collectors_edition_only", you get 2 results, delete both of them
Step 5:Inject the modded PAK to the HED/WAD then put it in your backup disc if you use PS2, if you're doing this for XBOX, then FTP the modded paks to your XBOX
Step 6:Start it up, select it, if it works, then you're done :clap:
Last edited by ZurePitchmen83 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
WhoElseButMe

Re: (THP8)(PS2/XBOX) Unlock Marseilles, Atlanta, and TestLev

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 am

its not DEVKIT_ONLY for collectors edition levels it's collectors_edition_only
And while you're at it why don't you tell them how to unlock collectors edition completely
Inside scripts\game\levels.qb
inside SkaterCareerParams -> level_table look for both instances of collectors_edition_only, delete the StructItemQbKey

Inside scripts\game\menu\gamemenu_levelselect.qb there are 4 instances of collectors_edition_only, delete the StructItemQbKey

Also,
update classic_total_goals_standard to 80, which is the classic_total_goals_collector value
update classic_game_complete_goals_standard to 55, which is the classic_game_complete_goals_collector value
And you should also change every stat inside default_classic_stats from 7 to 6, which is the default_classic_stats_collectors

And since you're making a collectors edition might as well head over to z_mainmenu.pak and unlock the concept art viewer and the making of video too.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 am

It's DEVKIT_ONLY for THP8 in the Level Select script, but good idea gone, i'll edit the first post to continue this tutorial completly, unfortunately my XBOX isn't modded so i can't test it :sad: (The PAKs used were from the PS2 Version due to this), i'm sure the others could test this for me to see if it worked
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

That's my fault I read the title wrong.
Anyways since this is THP8 you can add all THAW levels to the game I believe quazz did this for xbox psp some time ago.
We need a strikethrough option on the boards it was brought to my attention that this was done for psp and not xbox. forget I said anything.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “Tutorials”