PreBetaTool

Only admins and mods can see this sub-forum, but anyone can access it if the link is given to them.
Forum rules
Only admins and mods can see this sub-forum, but anyone can access it if the link is given to them.
WhoElseButMe

PreBetaTool

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:52 pm

The purpose of this thread is primarily for reporting bugs.
However, feel free to post any general questions (so a FAQ can be built), any feature you would like to see this tool have in future releases (wish list entries) or really any other discussions related to the beta release of this tool. I'm open to any and all criticism, post away.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: PreBetaTool

Postby Eraser » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 am

I'll assume it's just a note for yourself? Because I never heard about that tool nor did google.

It's great that you're working on new projects by the way.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:19 am

It's actually going to be a limited release only to testers for now. Releasing today.
I have a link in the about page of the app to this thread for reporting anything noted in the first post.
When it goes public i'll move the thread to a more suitable location within the forums.
Its a tool for handling .pre container files found within THPS3 - THUG2 remix on all applicable platforms.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 am

DO NOT COMPRESS .pcm files
Somewhere there's an error that doesn't allow the pre to reload themselves after either changing the compression of one or adding one compressed.
I do not believe this to be a tool error. I've never seen an audio file compressed in any pre i've every opened and there may be just cause.

EDIT:
Audio files compressed with LZSS compression method actually get larger in size not smaller, this is the error.
Audio files CANNOT BE COMPRESSED.
The tool does its job properly, however, the compressed size is larger than the decompressed size so on loading its not recognized as a compressed file.
Since the file is larger in size, we're misaligned in the file and are actually reading from the end of the "compressed" file instead of the head of the next item.

EDIT:
version 1.2
disables the ability to compress audio files
various error message handling clean up

Return to “Test forum”