Thug 1 fixing modded park checksum?

Tony Hawk's Underground modding is discussed here.
dav3

Thug 1 fixing modded park checksum?

Postby dav3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi guys,

I have been trying to stack and merge objects in thug 1 in a hex editor, like we can now in thugpro without hex editor but i still like the thug 1 editor more. But the problem is i can't load the park back in thug 1 cause of the checksum is invalid. Anyone can help me how to fix this in the easiest way what the process is for that? I looked already at various things like: http://tnthps.us/filesystem/xbox360/noj ... ewtab.html I thought this would go for thug 1 too but i am not sure how to rehash / resign a file cause it still can't load if i do it this way without rehashing. Also looked at this: http://thmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12 But that is confusing to me like i don't know where to start with that.

So any help would be appreciated :)
WhoElseButMe

Re: Thug 1 fixing modded park checksum?

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:01 am

It's basically a crc32 checksum 1's complement of the data from the checksum location to the padding (the i's).
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
dav3

Re: Thug 1 fixing modded park checksum?

Postby dav3 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:53 pm

WhoElseButMe wrote:It's basically a crc32 checksum 1's complement of the data from the checksum location to the padding (the i's).

Yea i did some researh and found that it was a crc32 checksum, but i thought the checksum always was at the beginning of the hex data. So here is the park i modded with some stacking and stuff, is the last 8 bits then the checksum? Sorry i am still struggling with this.
hex.jpg
hex.jpg (802.06 KiB) Viewed 14416 times

Return to “THUG modding”