Issue with THUG1 PC controls + xbox controller

Tony Hawk's Underground modding is discussed here.
Rushi

Issue with THUG1 PC controls + xbox controller

Postby Rushi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi.

I've attempted to install THUG1 no-cd from this thread, it seems to run fine but I've had a few issues with the controls.

Using an xbox controller, there are two issues- first is that when I hold ollie, there's no acceleration at all. I just stand still. I can ollie fine, just the acceleration is broken for some reason.

The other is that I can't find a way to spine transfer at all. There's no binding for it in the launcher and none of the buttons on the xbox controller work.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks
WhoElseButMe

Re: Issue with THUG1 PC controls + xbox controller

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 am

Not sure about acceleration, that works fine for me.
Xbox controllers have axis triggers. Meaning the two triggers are are on one axis and will perform the same action for both.
The game has no concept of this or the ability to split them.
You need to use a tool similar to xpadder to map the triggers to keyboard bindings.
Spine transfer is left spin + right spin while in air from a quarter pipe. But your triggers are one control not 2.

Also, use this instead https://www.thmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=742&p=4084#p4084
You get a proxy which allows for online play.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THUG modding”