THUG1 "Even More" Lost Levels

Tony Hawk's Underground modding is discussed here.
Unn

THUG1 "Even More" Lost Levels

Postby Unn » Sun May 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Yo,

by quazz » Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 pm hackthps.org

I'm sure everyone knows about the 3 hidden levels in THUG that would later be featured in THUG2 - School, Downhill Jam, and Philly, but do you know there's more? You did? Well, I guess you are also at least aware of TestLevel and Skateshop (main menu level from THPS4). I modded THUG on my Xbox and got both of these running today, its pretty neat. Anyway, in the PS2 version of THUG, there are also the files for College from THPS4 (in the levels directory), these were deleted from the Xbox and PC versions of THUG.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting College working? I believe it is in the correct THUG format and just needs its function to be written in something like levels.qb. If nobody else has done this I might give this a go with an emulator later if it will run it.

by Morten1337 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 am hackthps.org

i didn't know about college, but i knew about the others.
Do you have the ps2 files? if so, please upload them :D

by quazz » Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 am hackthps.org

I'll edit this post and upload them when I get home later, but obviously, you know that they are in PS2 level format and won't be compatible with the Xbox or PC version. PS2 level files are like nj.geom, etc. My PS2 is currently broken and it was never modded so I can't run the game on the hardware. Bast told me he got THUG1 running on a PS2 emulator a couple months ago, I might try that.

The following RAR includes the following levels directories, some are missing files and probably won't run at all:

Lon & Lon_Sky (london, missing files)
Motox (probably the motox level from thps4, missing files)
motox2 (missing files)
NJ & NJ_Sky (New Jersey, I just stuck it here for reference. Nothing special)
Sch & Sch_sky (College)
Skateshop & Skateshop_Sky (most likely the THUG version of the level, it probably works, but its old news and we've all seen it)
Team_HQ (may work, I remember someone talking about this before)
Testlevel (works, old news)
WWW & WWW_Sky (missing files, this is labeled as West Side in gamemenu.qb, some testing level for Gun I think.)

All of the regular normal levels were in the levels directory too, I just removed them to decrease file size. I'm not sure how THUG PS2 runs either, so I could be wrong about what would be able to be loaded.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4Q667SE

by Morten1337 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:49 am hackthps.org

okay, i looked at the Team_HQ stuff, and it seems like its a unfinished level for sure. No spawnpoints or railnodes; Only levelgeom.
adding a spawnpoint isnt so difficult, so i guess it may be skateable?
I don't own a ps2 tho'

Edit: since london is only missing the qb files, i guess we could use the original, there are only some minor changes that needs to be done.

by quazz » Sun May 09, 2010 11:37 am hackthps.org

What do you think about College (Sch) ? Do you think it is utilizable?

by Morten1337 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 pm hackthps.org

yeah i think so :s. Only have to make some changes in the nodearray (SCH.qb) i guess? :D

What do you think about this?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4Q667SE <<< lvls
http://hackthps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56 <<< ht theard

Thanks, good night.

EDIT: I'm going on a school trip, I'll be back on Friday

BTW:
by quazz » Sun May 09, 2010 5:48 pm hackthps.org

Sounds good. Bast said he had THUG1 working decently in a PS2 emulator a while ago, I'll see if he can post the emulator here for us. I'll make an ISO of my disc when we get to that point.
Last edited by Unn on Mon May 10, 2010 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: THUG1 "Even More" Lost Levels

Postby Eraser » Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Too bad it's for ps2, can't test it : (

Sounds very nice and it would be cool to play college level in thug2 as it was my favourite level in thps4
quazz

Postby quazz » Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 am

I feel honored to for my topic from HackTHPS to be quoted here :) . Anyway, I'll probably be working with Morten on this, and I'll keep this place updated with the results. Also, I may not have made it clear, but these level files were in THUG1 PS2, not THUG2. I wouldn't garuntee anything, but I think College has the best chance of being able to work, with maybe London or Team HQ too. Any sort of result would only be playable on PS2.
Active

Postby Active » Mon May 10, 2010 7:05 am

could it be possible to convert them to pc?
maybe like changing names, headers and footers etc. ?
quazz

Postby quazz » Mon May 10, 2010 6:51 pm

It might be, but I don't think anybody knows how to do that at this moment, I would not expect it to happen.
quazz

Postby quazz » Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 am

That's interesting, but if anything, I think Xbox and PS2 formats are significantly different, so I seriously doubt any conversion to PC would ever happen for these levels
ctedd

Postby ctedd » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 pm

where is the levels folder? please im a desperate modder
lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Unn

Postby Unn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Return to “THUG modding”