Find score variable for player 2: 50$ reward!!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 mod discussion.
post_exodus

Find score variable for player 2: 50$ reward!!

Postby post_exodus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey again,
I'm desperate to get my mod done for a friends birthday... as some of you may have read, I'm stuck on finding a way to get or compare the score of the second player in horse mode (I'm modding the PS2-Version, so there is a Horse mode on the same console).
I decided to set up a bounty:

I need a way to either GET the value of the current score of skater 2 at a specific time in a qb-script (e.g. skater_two_score = ??????)
or compare it to something (like "SkaterCurrentScorePotGreaterThan" but this only works for the first player)

The first one who tells me a working solution will receive 50$ via paypal

I'm not kidding, I really need that mod :D
post_exodus

Re: Find score variable for player 2: 50$ reward!!

Postby post_exodus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 am

Hey guys,
I just managed to do what I want to do. :cool: While I still couldn't find a way to read the score of player 2 in scripts, I used CheatEngine and an assembly script to read and manipulate the corresponding registers. Even though I still have a question:

Now that I know the addresses of the score, I wonder if there is a way to change or read values at these addresses in qb scripts.

something like
$myvar$ = [0x1234ABCD]

and yes, the addresses that I found are static. They do not change after restarting the game or the computer.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 pm

There is no way to do that through scripting alone. You would need a proxy dll and hook various functions. You could then do whatever you want at that point.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
post_exodus

Postby post_exodus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:41 am

WhoElseButMe wrote:You would need a proxy dll and hook various functions. You could then do whatever you want at that point.

Any tutorial recommendations on that topic? :)
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:49 pm

post_exodus wrote:
WhoElseButMe wrote:You would need a proxy dll and hook various functions. You could then do whatever you want at that point.

Any tutorial recommendations on that topic? :)

These helped me back in the days they can get you started for sure.
There is a lot of information about the subject on the internet.
Maybe these sites will help or at least get you on the right track.
https://www.codeguru.com/cpp/g-m/directx/directx8/article.php/c11453/Intercept-Calls-to-DirectX-with-a-Proxy-DLL.htm
http://www.moddb.com/groups/ibepex/tutorials/function-hooking
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THPS3 modding”