New HD textures for THPS3 [2017/18] - SF Sky added

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 mod discussion.
rodneyM7

New HD textures for THPS3 [2017/18] - SF Sky added

Postby rodneyM7 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Basically the same idea as the old Project 512x from Demo. New HD textures keeping the original look and feel.

Overview for this thread by posts [Updated 18/08/18]:
#1: Burnside
#2: Rio Bus & police car
#3: Warehouse
#4: Skateshop
#5: Foundry
#6: San Francisco Sky

This is for Burnside from THPS3. A few impressions & comments on the new textures in comparison to the old ones below.

Here you can already see the major changes:
- concrete has a uniform look now, also due to the removal of the yellow/black coping. The concrete is also lighter and closer to the actual look of the real Burnside skatepark.
- Most of the stuff in the background of the original textures, almost all cars and all trees, has been removed. No matter how great the textures are - if the physical 3d models are too simplistic, it's gonna look like shit. You won't really notice this while playing anyway.

- new graffitis and a few new logos. I chose a new logo when I didn't like the looks of the old one or just couldn't find a HD version of it.

- stuff in the background. Except for the streetart everything else is true to the original here.

- most of the logos are still the same or just underwent some minor changes. Eye in the bowl is gone, again because it's a better representation of how Burnside actually looks.

- this is an example of a logo I replaced. Couldn't find a HD version of Axion, also the Habitat logo is more colorful.

- another display of the major changes. Uniform concrete, no more cars.

- really like this broken concrete texture, also used it for the main wall. Another new graffiti in the back.

Was a lot of fun to make this although my editing skills are very basic (same goes for my editing program). Will upload more conversions in the future. I've also done the skateshop and Warehouse already. Probably going to do the Foundry next, maybe LA.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tdhfi8y2l820779/Burn.zip

How to install: Extract and copy the file to Data/Levels/Burn to replace the old Burn.tdx. Don't forget to create a backup if you want to keep the original textures.
Last edited by rodneyM7 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
rodneyM7

Re: Burnside: New HD level textures [2017]

Postby rodneyM7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Rio Bus:

Rio Police car (you can see the old version in the image above. 'Polícia' is mirrored :S ):

Installation: Extract in Data/Models/ and replace the policecar_rio.tdx and the Rio_bus.tdx.
Last edited by rodneyM7 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodneyM7

Re: New HD textures for THPS3 [2017] - Burnside & more.

Postby rodneyM7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Warehouse:

The glass was very difficult, still not completely satisfied. It's reused on the secret area above the halfpipe but on a much smaller scale which doesn't really help either.
The new rail turned out well. Metal on the floor instead of dirt. New logos in the back.
I really like how the light falls into the room in the old version but if you look closely it's basically a flat rectangle projected from the window. Went for a more realistic design here and the windows are better visable. The cab has a broken windshield now, kinda inspired by Demo's version.
The eye on the wall is a pretty big change. Was only a placeholder initially, I wanted to put a graffiti up there but couldn't find anything. Ended up liking the eye so much that I just kept it there. Fits well with the other colors and the Osiris ledge.
Everything is a bit more colorful. New graffitis in the back. Water doesn't look like a swamp anymore. :)
The big halfpipe. Removed the dirty wood in the middle and replaced it with the floor I used elsewhere. Tried to match the tone of the old wooden ramps, the warm color is very nice.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ur2x1ylorn6u3s4/Ware.zip

How to install: Extract and copy the file to Data/Levels/Ware to replace the old Ware.tdx. Don't forget to create a backup if you want to keep the original textures.
rodneyM7

Re: New HD textures for THPS3 [2017] - Burnside, Warehouse & more.

Postby rodneyM7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 pm

The Skateshop! This was a lot of fun to make :D And pretty easy as well. Already had this finished since some time, maybe some of you will like it as well.

New carpet (just look at the old one. It's horrendous but you probably never noticed before). New yellow shirt (left). New poster above the decks. Ceiling's color is now light instead of dark, the metal pipe of the ventilation is brighter as well.
New decks (left) in HD quality. Didn't edit the backdoor at the right because I'm lazy. :cool:
Your own decks will appear in HD as well IF you include sufficient graphics in data/Textures/Boards. New stickers at the glass below. And new wheels
of course.
Here's quite a lot of new stuff. Only noticed by editing that there's supposed to be the frontdoor at the left. You can actually see that much better now because of the clear windows. Modern TV. New Videocover and new displays on the TV.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o7vgbwj7 ... teshop.zip

How to install: Extract and copy the file to Data/Levels/SkateShop to replace the old skateshop.tdx. Don't forget to create a backup if you want to keep the original textures.
rodneyM7

Re: New HD textures for THPS3 [2017] - Skateshop, Burnside, Warehouse & more.

Postby rodneyM7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 am

Foundry, worked quite some time on this. Most textures recreated from scratch. :)
Download (~120 mb): http://www.mediafire.com/file/20vh1pronhbf6v2/Foun.zip

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqW22GVQy5s

rodneyM7

Re: New HD textures for THPS3 [2017/18] - Foundry added

Postby rodneyM7 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am

San Francisco - Background / Sky. [level conversion by Demo & Vadru]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6ohehodl9wlacs/sf2_Sky.tdx/file
Install: Replace the sf2_Sky.tdx in Data/Levels_th4_sf2. Don't forget to create a backup if you want to keep the original file.

Return to “THPS3 modding”