True Skate sounds

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 mod discussion.
_ENunn_

True Skate sounds

Postby _ENunn_ » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Here are some sounds I got from True Skate that are put into THPS3 to make them more realistic. I don't think this mod is all that good, and I don't think you will like it either. If only Demo would upload his Realistic SFX Mod now...

Yes, I do realise the grinding sounds stop after a while of being played. I don't know how to make it loop. If anyone knows how to make them not loop please show me how! Thanks!

Sounds best with music off! Otherwise, its barely audible. :|

ReadMe/Instructions are in the .zip folder.

Video:
http://youtu.be/2Gqn5saahis

Download Links:
MEGA
Copy
lol hi
Demo

Re: True Skate sounds

Postby Demo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 pm

realistic sfx wasn't my mod, i guess i got it from some old clan site which is long dead now. and i got no copy either.

you should spend some time equalizing the sounds as some of them are way too silent. what about changing the gap sound as well?

also there is a problem with your wav files, they are not looping, cause they are missing something. this is a feature of miles sound system - there is special section in the end of wav file which tells MSS that it should loop it. i don't actually remember if it should be modified or you can just copy it as is.
_ENunn_

Postby _ENunn_ » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Demo wrote:realistic sfx wasn't my mod, i guess i got it from some old clan site which is long dead now. and i got no copy either.

I know. Its pretty rare though, and I can't find it anywhere. It would be nice if you can upload them to Mediafire or 4Shared or MEGA or something! :)

Demo wrote:you should spend some time equalizing the sounds as some of them are way too silent.

Yeah, its best heard with the music off. I'm thinking of making it louder with Audacity so you can hear it with the music.

Demo wrote:what about changing the gap sound as well?

I can't think of a good gap sound other than that camera-photo-shot sound...thing. I need some ideas. :|

Demo wrote:also there is a problem with your wav files, they are not looping, cause they are missing something. this is a feature of miles sound system - there is special section in the end of wav file which tells MSS that it should loop it. i don't actually remember if it should be modified or you can just copy it as is.

I do realise this, and it was in the video too. I'm thinking about looping the audio for about 30 minutes in Audacity, but will make the file bigger though.
lol hi
Demo

Postby Demo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 pm

_ENunn_ wrote:I know. Its pretty rare though, and I can't find it anywhere. It would be nice if you can upload them to Mediafire or 4Shared or MEGA or something! :)

Demo wrote:and i got no copy either.

_ENunn_ wrote:I do realise this, and it was in the video too. I'm thinking about looping the audio for about 30 minutes in Audacity, but will make the file bigger though.

that would be a mess. inspecting that extra chunk of data would be a better idea.
_ENunn_

Postby _ENunn_ » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:39 pm

Demo wrote:that would be a mess. inspecting that extra chunk of data would be a better idea.

Well, you know how to do modding better than me. I just don't know how to make it loop without extending it for 30 minutes, and inspecting the data to make it loop sounds so complicated. :|
lol hi

Return to “THPS3 modding”