Get Object Name?

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
sMo0g™

Re: Get Object Name?

Postby sMo0g™ » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:11 pm

and then how i can change int_2? ._.
I mean int_2 - is an integer in QB.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm

sMo0g™ wrote:and then how i can change int_2? ._.
I mean int_2 - is an integer in QB.

"int_2" IS NOT an integer item IT IS a string item, that you appended an integer to as a string.
I showed you how you would need to do it by reformatting the string.
That is the only way to achieve this particular task, by reformatting, even if you truncated the number off the end of the string you still need to reformat to append a new string representation of a number to the end of a text string. What aren't you understanding about this?

What you're asking for

Code: Select all

:i newInteger = %i(int_2,some_unknown_numerical_value)

int_2 represents a string of text/array of characters and there is no way to assign this as an item of type integer because it holds no numerical value at all aside from the string length, which is 4.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
sMo0g™

Postby sMo0g™ » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

int_2 can be an integer or also a string ._.
Format text - helps me to append a number into name of thing which i will be change. So if i appending number 1 - change func. should change the integer/string/array/etc with name int_2 or int_1.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 pm

sMo0g™ wrote:int_2 can be an integer or also a string ._.
Format text - helps me to append a number into name of thing which i will be change. So if i appending number 1 - change func. should change the integer/string/array/etc with name int_2 or int_1.

You are wrong, face it.
You CANNOT format as a string and allow that string to hold a numerical value, it's impossible.
Stop pretending you know what you're talking about or that you know more about this than us because if you did you wouldn't be here asking us in the first place.
The number that is appended IS A TEXT REPRESENTATION OF A NUMBER. Once you format it, it is no longer a numerical value.
You are formatting INTO A STRING OF TEXT.
I know at this point I'm just repeating myself but apparently you're too ignorant to read my previous posts telling you all about this.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
sMo0g™

Postby sMo0g™ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Oh shit. :D I think i'll do better change with if's xD But, anyway, thank's for help!

Return to “THAW modding”