WTF, Really?

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Active

Re: WTF, Really?

Postby Active » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 am

Where's the fuckin' like-button ?
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Now I hope they read what you wrote.

The thing they need to realize is that we're more than willing to help them. They are the ones that aren't letting us help them. Until they get rid of the "You won't teach me so i can't learn" attitude, they won't be able to learn to mod.

They need to start thinking "I'm ready to mod and learn from the experienced modders. I will do everything to the best of my ability and I won't stop attempting to fix my problem until I have tried every single thing I can possiby think of."

If people don't think the latter, then we simply cannot help them.

Also another one of my big pet peeves is, as shown in the OP, when people say "It doesn't work!"

PEOPLE. THINK. Would we seriously give you a code snippet that DOESN'T work? If it doesn't work, its because YOU are implementing it wrong!
It is, however, possible that in our copypasta-ing, we have somehow screwed with the code, or we've made a typo, i.e. accidentally wrong 8 instead of 9 or a instead of b. These could potentially make it crash. Also, if it only works on one game we will specify that, so just read the topic.
If none of the above are stated, assume that it's not working because of you, not us. Try and implement it, because it does work, if you can't do it afterward, then post.
cross

Postby cross » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 am

Sorry for the inconvenience, THX DUDE, THANKS SO MUCH!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: ;) :D :) :clap:
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 am

Ok, not sure why I didn't do it before but here it is. People will notice that they need to use search function before posting. Unless... they don't speak English.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:43 am

Bumping this thread to say don't PM me or anyone else asking questions that you can find by searching...

Someone (not naming names) PM'd me today asking something that could have been easily found while searching.

If anyone else PM's me like that, I won't respond. I think the same goes for everyone else.

Eraser wrote:Ok, not sure why I didn't do it before but here it is. People will notice that they need to use search function before posting. Unless... they don't speak English.

Edit: Eraser, this is great. However, I have one addition that will HUGELY prevent people from posting without searching, in my opinion. That is, adding a checkbox that says "Did you search? If the checkbox wasn't clicked, the person won't be allowed to post until they tick it. Also, to be more protective, add a radio button, that says "Did you REALLY search?" and "No, I'm lazy and I don't search" or something.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Double posting for EMPHASIS.

It hasn't even been a day since my previous post (above).

Lezzer just PM'd me saying

How to make so that when you approach to object. And having pressed the button there was an action. Help please!

1) You private messaged me.
2) You didn't tell me what game your trying to mod for.
3) Your question is so vague, can you at least format your question so it even looks like you're not expecting a handout?
4) I don't think you searched.

Search and then make a thread Lezzer.

By the way can you guys please stop PM'ing me, if you make a thread there are much more people that can help you! If you want help from one SPECIFIC person then you may feel free to PM them.

As a general rule of thumb, if you need help with THAW, WhoElseButMe and Morten1337 will be able to help you. If you need help with THUG2, Myself, Quazz, WhoElseButMe, and Morten1337 will be able to help you.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:14 am

Anteara wrote:Edit: Eraser, this is great. However, I have one addition that will HUGELY prevent people from posting without searching, in my opinion. That is, adding a checkbox that says "Did you search? If the checkbox wasn't clicked, the person won't be allowed to post until they tick it. Also, to be more protective, add a radio button, that says "Did you REALLY search?" and "No, I'm lazy and I don't search" or something.

But it would be a pain for others to post, I know it's not it's hard to press 1/2 buttons but it would be irritating.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

Eraser wrote:
Anteara wrote:Edit: Eraser, this is great. However, I have one addition that will HUGELY prevent people from posting without searching, in my opinion. That is, adding a checkbox that says "Did you search? If the checkbox wasn't clicked, the person won't be allowed to post until they tick it. Also, to be more protective, add a radio button, that says "Did you REALLY search?" and "No, I'm lazy and I don't search" or something.

But it would be a pain for others to post, I know it's not it's hard to press 1/2 buttons but it would be irritating.

What's more irritating then seeing the same thread over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

Return to “THAW modding”