Is modding THAW on Xbox360 possible?

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
JonathanX95

Is modding THAW on Xbox360 possible?

Postby JonathanX95 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Hello everyone, i just now joined this site, please go easy on me. Anyways, i have played the Tony Hawk games since i was 7 and i am 15 now and going on 16 in June. I have been a modder for a couple of years now and modded many games. But i never thought the Tony Hawk games would be modable, I saw a couple of Anteara's videos and my jaw was to the ground in amazement that it was possible to do all of that. But that was for PC though.

Anyways, i was curious to try it, so i dusted off my Tony Hawk game collection and found my THAW disk and put it in and played freeskate and saved and then opened my Xbox360 Hard drive on my PC and sure enough, it showed the save! My question is though, how would i mod it? What do i use? How do i do it? I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help or post a tutorial. Thanks :)

JonathanX95

Re: Is modding THAW on Xbox360 possible?

Postby JonathanX95 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm

"re-generate the checksum" what the heck does that mean? :wat: lol i have NEVER heard that before out of all my times of modding. And how do i use queenbee?
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:25 pm

JonathanX95 wrote:"re-generate the checksum" what the heck does that mean? :wat: lol i have NEVER heard that before out of all my times of modding. And how do i use queenbee?

Go to the THAW section, there are many threads about starting queenbee, troubleshooting queenbee, etc. Play around with it a little bit and you'll get the grasp of it, it's easier than one would think.

Also, i'm not exactly sure but i think theres a thread on thmods.com about how to fix the checksums.

edit: here it is http://thmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107 - haven't read the thread though so it might be the online prefs and not the cas save, but i'd assume it would be similar for both
quazz

Postby quazz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 am

Hey!

If your 360 isn't modded like mine, you CAN do a few cool things by editing your 360 Skater save like you circled in your screenshot!!
You won't be able to use QueenBee, or anything drastic like in Anteara's videos, but you can do some small stuff.
Check out http://tnthps.info/, me and TNT wrote some guides on how make a couple mods and fix the checksum. We talk exclusively about THAW 360 save mods in that section.
JonathanX95

Postby JonathanX95 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:06 pm

quazz wrote:Hey!

If your 360 isn't modded like mine, you CAN do a few cool things by editing your 360 Skater save like you circled in your screenshot!!
You won't be able to use QueenBee, or anything drastic like in Anteara's videos, but you can do some small stuff.
Check out http://tnthps.info/, me and TNT wrote some guides on how make a couple mods and fix the checksum. We talk exclusively about THAW 360 save mods in that section.

Ok, bro, i have been reading the checksum fixing tutorial on the site, and no offense... but its complete crap. Like i opened up my save in the hex editor and i didn't see ANY of the hex's that were shown in that tutorial, like, they weren't the same at all. Sorry to be harsh brah :)
quazz

Postby quazz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

No, its legit, why would the site be devoted to putting up fake information? Please try harder. Use CTRL + F to search for "0C32FE88A80D20" in hex for example.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 am

JonathanX95 wrote:
quazz wrote:Hey!

Ok, bro, i have been reading the checksum fixing tutorial on the site, and no offense... but its complete crap. Like i opened up my save in the hex editor and i didn't see ANY of the hex's that were shown in that tutorial, like, they weren't the same at all. Sorry to be harsh brah :)

Checksums can change per saves. If you can't find the one in the guide then you haveto find the checksum that your save is using. Also, because you're unable to do something doesn't mean the tutorial is "complete crap". As Quazz said, they wouldn't have bothered putting it up if it was a bad tutorial.
TNT

Postby TNT » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:41 am

I know all of these posts are dead but I'm still going to post answers.

You didn't know what you were doing obviously, if you can't follow that tutorial just use horizon to extract the contents of the save to view it in the 96.00 KB file that you might already be familiar with. You can mod it like that, and replace the contents / resign / rehash. If it doesn't work then, you aren't doing it right.

There are also downloadable saves on TNTHPS for the modding-impaired.
http://TNThps.us - THPS Xbox 360 Mods/Tutorials, Original Xbox Mods, Playstation 2 Codes/Files, Gamecube Mods, THUGPro Mods!!

Return to “THAW modding”