Shoot fireballs in Freeskate?

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
BlazE

Shoot fireballs in Freeskate?

Postby BlazE » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:06 pm

I have seen this in several menus and I'm curious how it has been done. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
WhoElseButMe

Re: Shoot fireballs in Freeskate?

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:03 pm

You need to spawn the fireballs
Another way, you can trick the game into thinking the gamemode is firefight by editing the netlobby struct
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
BlazE

Postby BlazE » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:08 pm

WhoElseButMe wrote:You need to spawn the fireballs
Another way, you can trick the game into thinking the gamemode is firefight by editing the netlobby struct

Thanks for the tip.

I tried to NOP "Unbind_fireball_tricks" as well as "Clearpowerups" in hopes that once I ended the game I would keep the ability. The fire trick sticks but doesn't shoot the fireballs. Will keep trying, thanks.

I also messed with enabling is_firefight and had some strange results with that one.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:39 am

Think about what goes into starting the firefight game.
Mimic some of those actions (in code) to get you to a firefight state without being in a firefight mode
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THAW modding”