THAW Game Launcher

Discuss modding in thaw. If you want to make something by yourself you can ask how to in here. Also, you can post any thaw related mod in here.
WhoElseButMe

Re: THAW Game Launcher

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Active wrote:Yep... didn't work aswell
btw i cant load any levels when i use another/no mod.. is it because i use your levelselect.pak?

There shouldn't be an issue but I'll look into it.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well, from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Active

Postby Active » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:07 pm

i forgot to say that the level list is empty if i use other mods
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 pm

yeah that's due to the pak file, must be an error in the default list selection
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well, from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Active

Postby Active » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 pm

is it possible to fix it ?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:33 am

Active wrote:is it possible to fix it ?

As a worst case... just have my mod load my levelselect.pak and rename it. I think the list switch is in the qb.pab not the levelselect.pak.
So I say for now use the regular modded levelselect.pak when not using my mod.

For those reading...
This isn't talking about a public release of "levelselect.pak" so don't be alarmed.
Cla

Postby Cla » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:40 am

WhoElseButMe wrote:And if you mean you're using the "in game wide screen" option with this launcher then that is advised against as we aren't sure exactly what is being changed behind the scenes.
Where is this option?

I've been trying to find some kind of true widescreen solution for this game. I mean I know I can use this launcher to change the res to a technically widescreeen one, but all it's really doing is stretching the normal 4:3 image. I'm wondering if anyone has found/made a true widescreen solution yet?
djdori11

Postby djdori11 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Do you think there is a way to port the collector's edition features from the ps2 to the pc to make the feature in the launcher complete?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:18 pm

djdori11 wrote:Do you think there is a way to port the collector's edition features from the ps2 to the pc to make the feature in the launcher complete?

The only features missing are the making of video and the levels. Converting the levels to thaw or between platforms of thaw isn't possible as of right now.
djdori11

Postby djdori11 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:34 pm

WhoElseButMe wrote:
djdori11 wrote:Do you think there is a way to port the collector's edition features from the ps2 to the pc to make the feature in the launcher complete?

The only features missing are the making of video and the levels. Converting the levels to thaw or between platforms of thaw isn't possible as of right now.

I see.. when it's going to be possible you'll update us right?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm

djdori11 wrote:
WhoElseButMe wrote:

I see.. when it's going to be possible you'll update us right?

If it becomes possible you'll see those levels in thaw.
djdori11

Postby djdori11 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm

WhoElseButMe wrote:If it becomes possible you'll see those levels in thaw.

Okay man thanks a lot for making this, cheers.
NASTY138

Postby NASTY138 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:36 am

WhoElseButMe wrote:The only features missing are the making of video and the levels.

I'm not too worried about the CE levels, but is there any way to add the making of vid to the PC version? Sorry if this has already been covered.I know you stated it's missing, but wouldn't it be possible to rip it from the PS2 CE, convert the video and add it to PC version?

This launcher rules, and I love THAW, so playing in high-res widescreen along with the two extra secret characters is great. This launcher is one of the best contributions I've seen to anything ever, and it's extremely user friendly. It's just a shame about the missing CE stuff. The making of video would be great to have to make the game feel more "complete." I can't even find the making of video on YouTube, and it has some great interviews in it.

Anyway, thanks for making this launcher and keeping THAW PC feeling fresh. I downloaded this game not long ago and not having widescreen was killing me, so this launcher was a god send. Great work, man.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 am

is there any way to add the making of vid to the PC version?

I don't see this being impossible. I say that assuming the PS2 video format that the video in question is in, is known.
If that is true, the PC video format is .bik or bink if you're unfamiliar. Were RAD game tools exist for creating .bik files.

thanks for making this launcher

You're welcome. I'm glad it's still being used so long after its creation.
Dencity

Postby Dencity » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 am

Not sure if anyone still looks at this thread, but I believe the download links are dead. If the launcher could be re-uploaded, it'd be much appreciated, I would really like to play in a decent resolution.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 am

Dencity wrote:Not sure if anyone still looks at this thread, but I believe the download links are dead. If the launcher could be re-uploaded, it'd be much appreciated, I would really like to play in a decent resolution.

Thanks, links have been fixed.

Return to “THAW modding”