THAW Game Launcher

Discuss modding in thaw. If you want to make something by yourself you can ask how to in here. Also, you can post any thaw related mod in here.
WhoElseButMe

Re: THAW Game Launcher

Postby WhoElseButMe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

c0nn0r wrote:I put it in the thaw/game/directory but it won't let me click patch and play.

Try browsing for the exe before selecting patch & play.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well, from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
sayhellorosco

Postby sayhellorosco » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:55 am

I know this is a late reply, but I have a big problem. I choose the .exe that I want to use, it says "Current - THAW English 1.01" When I press Patch and Play it changes to
"Current - THAW-THEMOD.exe executable was not found!"

I set the prefix to tm
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:11 pm

this tool doesn't patch original thaw exes sorry
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well, from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
icebears4ever

Postby icebears4ever » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:25 pm

I know the topic is damn old, but i still need help, when i started the game and press the lvl atlanta or marseille (collector editions lvls wich u can have in the launcher) the game crashes everytime! PLZ HELP ME!
Active

Postby Active » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 pm

The levels are not in the game. Only the spaces are in it.

Btw have a problem too... I can't close the launcher.. i have to kill the process to close it 0o
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm

icebears4ever wrote:I know the topic is damn old, but i still need help, when i started the game and press the lvl atlanta or marseille (collector editions lvls which u can have in the launcher) the game crashes everytime! PLZ HELP ME!

This topic is to help solve problems users may be having and for request, never mind its age.
The answer to your question is found in the first post of this topic.
WhoElseButMe (y) wrote:* Unlock Collectors Edition - since the levels aren't in the PC version this only unlocks 2 skaters and the concept art viewer that can be found inside Main Menu/Options

Active (y) wrote:Btw have a problem too... I can't close the launcher.. i have to kill the process to close it 0o

I need more information.
Launcher version? Game version/language?
You must restore and quit to close the launcher, however, the close button [X] will do this task too so I'm unsure what's going wrong.
Active

Postby Active » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:47 pm

WhoElseButMe wrote:Launcher version? Game version/language?
You must restore and quit to close the launcher, however, the close button [X] will do this task too so I'm unsure what's going wrong.

Launcher version 1.0.0.4 with English 1.01 with your mod...
If I open the Launcher and close it without starting the game it works... But after launching the game it doesn't work (Restore&Quit, Exit, [X], Alt+F4).
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Activated options? Windowed mode?
Active

Postby Active » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

That's everything
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:10 pm

So you're saying the restore and quit button doesn't enable after you patch and play or doesn't function after you patch and play?
Active

Postby Active » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:50 am

It simply doesn't work. And the other things to close the tool don't work too
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Don't get mad.
Try it with a fresh exe and test with default settings.
Active

Postby Active » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

The strange thing is that its your (new) mod and i think it works for you.. so theres no difference 0o
gay netbook ^^
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah that's strange.
Did you test it with other mods?
Maybe its a bug in the write routine.
Active

Postby Active » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Yep... didn't work aswell
btw i cant load any levels when i use another/no mod.. is it because i use your levelselect.pak?

Return to “THAW modding”