Unsupported .exe?

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
pizzahead911

Unsupported .exe?

Postby pizzahead911 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello. I've recently gotten THAW for the PC. I was wondering why the THAW launchers (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=440) haven't been working for me. I got my copy off thepiratebay (http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5495924/ ... BMULTI2%5D) as a multi 2 version. The only reason I got it off the pirate bay was because I used to play this game a lot back in the ps2 days. Well anyways I was wondering if this particular .exe is supported because I really want to play this game in windowed mode. b.t.w can't believe a thaw modding forum is still up :) also whats the point of putting your online name when the servers are down (I was really hoping they would still be up :/ ) . Hope you can fix the problem
Demo

Re: Unsupported .exe?

Postby Demo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:56 pm

official servers support was dropped not so long ago, now you need openspy patch to be able to play online.
pizzahead911

Postby pizzahead911 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Well thanks for telling me how to get online. I read a bit of the faq and it told me a way to get windowed without the patcher so I guess I don't need it anymore. Still it would be nice if I could use it but if the .exe doesn't work with it i'm fine the way it is now.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:42 pm

If you download this OpenSpy patched exe you can still use the Launcher to change settings and none of the OpenSpy names will be altered.
Tested to be working fine. Note you'll need to use the launcher at least once when using this exe because I accidentally hard-coded gm as the default pak.
Enjoy.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THAW modding”