Grip THPS 4 to THAW

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
forest

Grip THPS 4 to THAW

Postby forest » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi. I would like to move the grip of a board of THPS4 to thaw because of the grip that the files are saved as a video I'd like to turn the match type, but I do not know how to do it, if there are any programs for that? Please help. :help:
ZurePitchmen83

Re: Grip THPS 4 to THAW

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 am

I know this is old, but it's possible to port any griptape/deck to THAW, as described here

WhoElseButMe wrote:they are dxt compressed
change the img header to a dds header and get the dxt plugin for photoshop
edit, save, change header,add to game

The tool only works on linear imgs NOT on compressed imgs

Demo wrote:dxt is a compression type used in both dds and img files. he meant you have to change file header in hex to make a DDS file out of IMG file, then open it with any program which supports DDS files, edit it? save and make same thing in hex but backwards. not sure if it actually cleared it up.

The converters for THPS4 (These only work for THPS4-THUG2, for THAW, read the above method) right here, You can use any photoshop program that supports DDS and TGA to open them (Paint.NET will work, and it's free), Soon, there's going to be a THAW decks/griptapes mod that adds THPS3-THP8 Decks/Griptapes as gone said in that topic
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
Demo

Postby Demo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

forest

User statistics

Last visited:
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:26 pm

send pm if you wanna help him, maybe he checks his email sometimes.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 pm

ZurePitchman83 wrote:Soon, there's going to be a THAW decks/griptapes mod that adds THPS3-THP8 Decks/Griptapes as gone said in that topic

There was a HDD crash and I just recently updated my PC so i'm in the process of recovering the deck mod I talked about such a long time ago. Not that it couldn't be redone just the process of ensuring no 2 decks were the same and converting all the decks from the specified games was very time consuming. Plus I no longer have the patch and pointer correction tool I wrote specifically for this mod to patch and correct pointers in cas_wpc_pak.pak, so that'll need to be re-written. Manually adding/correcting ISN'T an option. Not a dead project just a dead HDD.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Pro_Skater_22

Postby Pro_Skater_22 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:33 pm

my birthday today

Return to “THAW modding”