Create-a-Goal (I know it isn't in the game)

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
TreblaYevrah

Create-a-Goal (I know it isn't in the game)

Postby TreblaYevrah » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 am

I was just wondering if anyone had ever uncovered files in the game that reference THUG2's create-a-goal mode. I've never understood why this was dropped from American Wasteland, and am curious if Neversoft took the effort to wipe it from the memory completely.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect that you can just change a single value to reactivate create-a-goal with no problems whatsoever, I'm just curious if anything at all remains in the data.
My stuff is archived here: treblayevrah.webs.com
WhoElseButMe

Re: Create-a-Goal (I know it isn't in the game)

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 am

I worked on this for a while a long time ago without success.
Some stuff still exist regarding Create-A-Goal within the scripts but the game is missing a lot of functions including the main 2 scripts entirely.
There are other functions missing from game code too.
Basically to get this running you would need to recreate all of these functions including methods for saving the data to a file and of course loading of the cag files.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THAW modding”